Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: Nokia lumia 720
My Carrier: Telkomsel
Accepted Solution

No BBM Notification when running in Background apps

Dear Blackberry admin,

I'm very glad when heard news that my windows phone can install BBM, after waiting for more than 10 month after android version.

I use nokia lumia 720 and already installed the BBM version not the beta version.

things that annoyed me is when it goes on background, I'm not receive any notification incoming message. When i'm opening the BBM apps suddenly all message were coming.

is there anyone in this forum has this experience, and solve this problem please share me, thank you.  

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10 / Passport
My Carrier: O2 UK

Re: No BBM Notification when running in Background apps

I introduced a friend to BBM on their Lumia520 and they have the same issue. I expect this is something that will be fixed in the next update. Fingers crossed.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: DTEK60
My Carrier: Koodo

Do you happen to have Battery Saver turned on? If so, turn it off, test and let me know the results. 

Reason being, when Battery Saver  is enabled, applications are not allowed to run int he background so you can only send and receive messages using BBM when its open. To check, on the Start screen, flick left to the App list, tap Settings followed Battery Saver. Thanks!

Got a question about a BlackBerry Product or Service?

If so use the BlackBerry Contact Catalog so we can better assist > http://blck.by/2huFaGF

New Contributor
My Device: Nokia lumia 720
My Carrier: Telkomsel

now my BBM can run smoothly with battery saver on, thanks for your help

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: DTEK60
My Carrier: Koodo

Hi @kuek 

I'm assuming you went into Battery Saver and allowed BBM to run in the background when Battery Saver is on?

If so you do mind confirming so others encountering a similar issue are aware of the solution? 

To allow BBM to run in the background while Battery Saver is enabled complete the following steps: 

1. In the App list, tap Battery Saver 
  2. Swipe over to Usage 
  3. Tap BBM
  4. Turn on Allow app to run in the background 
  5. Turn on Allow this app to run in the background when Battery Saver is on

Thanks!

Got a question about a BlackBerry Product or Service?

If so use the BlackBerry Contact Catalog so we can better assist > http://blck.by/2huFaGF