Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile

No more BBM Voice (BBM Voice icon disappear), only BBM Video for both Wifi and Mobile network on BB10

[ Edited ]

What a weird!

I am using Z30 now.
Every time I touch on green button (inside BBM with one selected contact), it will start BBM Video call on both Data or Wifi.
What should I do now to get 2 options back: one is BBM Voice, and the other is BBM Video?
I notice that BBM Voice lost after I put the T-Mobile Sim card and active it! (I am with T-Mobile Austria).

I tried to reboot twice and one with hard reset (press both volume up-down key).
The situation keeps the same!

Do you have any idea?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: No more BBM Voice (BBM Voice icon disappear), only BBM Video for both Wifi and Mobile network on BB10

Have you tried with no sim inserted in the device?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Re: No more BBM Voice (BBM Voice icon disappear), only BBM Video for both Wifi and Mobile network on BB10

Dear John_Clark,

I tried to take out the sim card and checked BBM. The problem is remained the same.
Only BBM Video! Hic
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Have you contacted your carrier? Since the problem started when you inserted their sim it's possible they are blocking it. If not, they can escalate your case to BlackBerry for further investigation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion!
I will contact them tomorrow!
I will update later if there is something new!
Contributor

I found the problem with the SIM Card.
If I insert the sim card, the BBM Voice will disappear.
I sent a support email to T-Mobile.at and they did check something but they can not find anything wrong with my account.
What can I do?

Guru II

It is obviously a provisioning issue. maybe they don't allow it and the CSR does t know that. Maybe you need a new sin card.

Contributor

Thank you very much for very fast reply.
I will contact T-Mobile as soon as possible to get a new one.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Contributor

Hi,

My SIM card is very new (only 1 month)

I call T-Mobile AT to ask for their support, they did. But nothing happens.

Few days ago, I even lost BBM Video icon.

Now my BBM is like BBM for Android and iOS that is only send and received messages!

Technician guys from t-mobile AT suggested me to call Blackberry.

Guru II

Call then back and tell them that only they can escalate your case to BlackBerry.