Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Tmobile

Notifications stopped working / works randomly

I'm using an iPhone 5 version 7.0.6 and bbm version 2.0.1.36. My sound notifications and the in app red star notification suddenly stopped working most of the times when I receive a message. Both notifications occasionally and randomly work after force closing the app or a hard reset. All other text and alert notifications for regular text messages or what's app work perfectly fine. In notification center alert and banners are off but sound is well on. How do I fix this issue? Thanks for your help.
Highlighted
My Device: iphone 4s
My Carrier: telus

Re: Notifications stopped working / works randomly

I too am having the same problem with iphone 4s. both system software and app software are up to date, however I randomly get banner or red star notification. It's really annoying and I've been missing a lot of messages due to this issue. bbm is not my preferred method of communication, however, BB users insist its the way to go. 

My Device: iPhone 5S
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Notifications stopped working / works randomly

I whole department is having these same issues. We have always used BBM Group chats between our BBs but now what some are switched to iPhone, the iPhone users (including myself) have inconsistant notifications. I have tried uninstalling app and reinstalling app. I will all of a sudden get a notification and then look back and realize how many I've missed. Group chat is the worst offender but also have same problems with individual chats. There has to be other people with this same problem...