Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Motorola Razr D3
My Carrier: Diego

Problem with profile picture(contacts can't see it)

Hello. As the subject says , my issue is that I can change my profile picture normally without any problem , but my contacts just don't see it ! Bbm works fine sending and receiving messages. Also tried connecting by WiFi but the problem continues.

I Hope that you can help me , thanks !
New Contributor
My Device: Android
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: Problem with profile picture(contacts can't see it)

Aha....

We are facing the same problem...

Smiley FrustratedSmiley FrustratedSmiley Frustrated

I thought i'm the only one facing this problem....

Super Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Sprint

as per blackberry.com/btsc KB article ( KB35310 )

Cause 1

The date, time, or year may be set incorrectly on the device and may be causing the authentication process to fail.

Cause 2

The device is unable to connect to the BBM Infrastructure.

Cause 3

There are a number of Android specific settings that can affect the Setting up BBM process.

Cause 1

The date, time, or year may be set incorrectly on the device and may be causing the authentication process to fail.

Resolution 1

Check the date, time, and year settings on device to ensure that each is correct. To locate or modify these settings, see product documentation or contact the manufacturer for assistance.

Cause 2

The device is unable to connect to the BBM Infrastructure.

Resolution 2

The process of setting up BBM requires an active data connection to the BBM Infrastructure over port 443.

If the device has less than a full signal, move to an area with better coverage. If the current Wi-Fi network or cellular network does not support this type of connection, select another Wi-Fi network (if available) or toggle between the Wi-Fi and cellular connections.

Note: If the device is in Airplane mode, with all wireless radios turned off, disable Airplane mode before attempting to setup BBM.

Cause 3

There are a number of Android specific settings that can affect the BBM setup process.

Resolution 3

See the "Additional Information" section of KB35250 for more information on these settings.

Hope this will help
Let me know if this help.
New Contributor
My Device: Motorola Razr D3
My Carrier: Diego

Thanks for the help, but regrettably none of the resolutions helped making my profile picture visible to my contacts Smiley Sad . The date, and all the other stuff in my cellphone is correctly configurated.

Again, thank you and hopefully you people can help me!

Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

There's a few threads were people converted their picture to a gif, then reposted to their profile and it fixed the problem.    I'd give that a try - should be several free apps available to convert your pic.

New Contributor
My Device: Android
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Would you try my suggestion ?

I have the same problem as you before, finally i tried to create a new BBID and with this new ID i can change my picture and the picture shown to the others.

You can see my thread below:

Profile Picture Not Shown To The Others