Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry PRIV
My Carrier: SingTel
Accepted Solution

Red Clock

Have been seeing this red clock on sent messages since a few hours beginning this morning. People sending me messages see it against the message sent to me, I don't receive messages nor can I send. No difference on 2G, 3G or WIFI; internet browsing works well.

BBM was working great until now. Anyone has any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Android
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: Red Clock

The exact same thing happening to me right now. I'm glad I'm not the only one then experiencing this trouble as I've also tried everything from reinstalling bbm to restarting the router but to no avail, the problem persists.

We seem to have the same carrier though so might it be a problem from the carrier itself rather than Blackberry?

Contributor

Yes I was thinking of the same thing. Just googled and read a news report that the two carriers available in the UAE have blocked BBM channels since yesterday. Could it be the reason?

New Contributor

I don't think it might have any effect though, do you know others who might be experiencing the same problem as us?

Contributor

Not yet, but haven't found out. Will reply on this forum; but yes you're right. BBM wholly cannot be blocked, it is quite popular here. There seems to be a problem connecting to BBM servers surely. I have another Android device and I uninstalled and tried to re-install BBM. Just does not go beyond setting up BBM...

Is your carrier Etisalat UAE?

New Contributor

Yeah it is. I did the same thing actually after receiving the red clock, I tried reinstalling bbm but it wouldnt go past the setting up bbm phase.
Contributor

Then I guess it is either from the carrier side or some problem at BBM.

I suppose there is nothing we can do but wait and watch. I'm sure there are others having the same problem, don't know if Blackberry device users are also facing the same issue.

New Contributor

Yep. Been searching abit on the internet and apparently many people here in the UAE are having problems with BBM. best to do is use a hotspot to use bbm.
New Contributor

Ok so I can confirm that this might not be an issue related on Blackberry's side rather more related to our carrier. Just use a hotspot and you'll be fine.

Contributor

Other BBM users on Android in UAE are facing the same issue. I'm not sure if BBM users on Blackberry devices are. Can you confirm this?