Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S5
My Carrier: Vodacom

Samsung Galaxy S5 display pictures blurry

I'm using a galaxy s5 Android ver. 4.4.2 - BBM ver. 2.2.0.28

Problem is everytime I set a BBM display picture and view it on my own phone its blurry, when viewed on friends devices it is also blurry or low quality.

The images were taken on the phone so it is very high quality when viewed in the gallery. Tried different image formats leading to no success. When I view friends display pictures it looks perfect!

So the problem is on my side somewhere 

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 display pictures blurry

If you change your display picture to one of the Sample Pictures, is it still blurry?

What happens if you save a picture to your device and try to use it as a display picture?

You said that you tried different image formats, did you try changing the picture quality as well?

Let me know!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!
New Contributor

Used a sample image it's a bit better but still not good quality, if I save someone's display picture and use it then it's terrible quality.

How do I change the picture quality?

Tried .png and .jpeg images

Thanks
Highlighted
New Contributor

I've never experienced this on any of my blackberry devices and friends with galaxy s5's are experiencing the same problem