Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9360
My Carrier: American one
Accepted Solution

Strange BLACKBERRY INDONESIA message in red color font

[ Edited ]

Hello all!!!!

I am new on those forums after being user of Blackberry phones past few years (three different Blackberry cells past 7 years and now 9360 user)

Can the Indonesia text messages sent to Blackberry devices via Blackberry message texting or Blackberry email or emails arriving in Blackberry devices contain computer viruses?  I accidentally opened the message but quickly deleted it without reading it.  The message was in red color as if it was emergency message from Blackberry company.

Strange thing is that when I plugged in my 9360 into outlet to recharge, the cell phone announced with message "Profile has been set to normal".  Never happened to me before in past rechargings.

Thanks,

Aharon

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: DTEK60
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Strange BLACKBERRY INDONESIA message in red color font

[ Edited ]

The broadcast message you received is most likely a hoax message which can be ignored. To learn more about these hoax messages check out this post I wrote on the Help Blog.

Email and BlackBerry Messenger Hoax Messages – What to do!

As per your sound profile changing, this can occur based on your device settings. Most likely you have customize your smart accessories options. To learn more about this feature check out the following section of your devices user guide.

About the Smart Accessories application

I hope this helps!

Got a question about a BlackBerry Product or Service?

If so use the BlackBerry Contact Catalog so we can better assist > http://blck.by/2huFaGF

New Contributor

Tyw,

So the strange Indonesia text message has no no no computer viruses (I hope so). Yes I read your famous post in the blog before but just wanted to be 1,000 percent sure it has no computer viruses.

Also, the problem is that I did not make any change to options or customize the settings unless you tell me it must have happened when I pressed wrong buttons in the past??

If the strange Indonesia text message has no no no computer viruses, then I have nothing to worry about.

Please let me know. Your kind assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Aharon

Community Manager
Community Manager

I’m 1000% positive that a message sent over BBM will not give you a virus - you have nothing to worry about and you did the right thing asking to make sure. I hope this puts your mind at ease!

As per your charging settings, you may have changed something earlier but forgotten. I do this all the time actually lol

if you haven’t already make sure you take advantage of the Help option on your device to learn more about the available settings and all the things you can customize.

Take care!

If so use the BlackBerry Contact Catalog so we can better assist > http://blck.by/2huFaGF

New Contributor

Thanks, pal   Your kind help is much appreciated!!

Regards,

Aharon

Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to help Smiley Happy 

Take care!