Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Sasktel
Accepted Solution

The contacts in BBM wont open, BBM closes.

None of my 17 contacts will open in BBM today.
I want to chat with any of them but it will take about 10 sec to open and the BBM app closes.
This started to happen today. Yesterday it worked just fine. I have not installed new apps since about a month. What is happening? It doesnt work in both WiFi, nor just the carrier network. I have excellent signals. Everything else in BBM works..the shop, the channels, the groups etc..
I have two Z30s both with the latest official OS 10.2.1.2977, and the latest official BBM update.
Only one works just fine now.
Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: The contacts in BBM wont open, BBM closes.

[ Edited ]

HI @BBstarBB 

Are you still having this problem?

If yes, have you tried rebooting the Z30? What else have you tried?

Let me know!!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!
Contributor

I tried rebooting, removing all third party apps, and native apps too. removing all the contacts from the local phone contacts etwewc . and still my BBM contacts , none of them would work. it would take about 5 to 10 seconds to appear the chat window and then the BBM would close.
I deleted any saved chats in the bbm sttings, reset to all default settings etc, and still the problem persisted. In the end nothing worked. I had to reload the OS 10 software using the blackberry link and my PC. I had to start all over. BBM now works. It is so wierd that from one day to another BBM would not chat. Now BBM works. What caused the problem? Nobody seems to know.
Retired
My Device: Passport

[ Edited ]

I to don't know why this would happen, and with the reload of your BB10 OS we are unable to look into it.

With that being said, I'm happy you are back up and running and thank you for your patience. Let me know if I can help you with something else in the future.

Thanks!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!
New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: EE

Hi, I'm now having the exact problem. I can open bbm but it takes a long time to open a conversation and as soon as it opens the app closes. Can you help, I really don't want to wipe and re install software unless it's the only option, thanks
Contributor

Yeah , that happenned to me exactly. In the end i had to do a complete reload of the latest Os software using the BlackBerry link software on the PC.
No one could help. Now BBM works and I have had no issues so far.
New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: EE

Tried something tonight which worked. I went into Blackberry World and searched for BBM app and it gave me the option to download (even though the app was still showing on my home screen) Once downloaded I opened the bbm app and it had updated a few things and now works. My conversations were all still there, I hadn't lost anything.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10

I can't delete or respond to chats or invites now. Doing an OS reinstall will take about 2 hours and I have doen it before.

I tried what you had suggested and went into BB world but there was no option to download.. only open.

Open, opens the app and the problem is still there.