Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: HTC ONE S - ANDRIOD
My Carrier: Talkmobile

Two BBM PINS, Need Back Contacts

[ Edited ]

Hello,

When BBM released for Android I had downloaded it onto my HTC ONE S, I had setted up an account, using the email address, {REMOVED}. I had added all my friends and had 41 contacts. However on the 20th of December I had extreme issues with my phone and was forced to restore it. 

When I restored it I downloaded BBM again and entered my login details it came up with a new pin, {REMOVED}. With none of my contacts. After I logged into BBM.COM using Blackberry ID and confirmed my email address as it had asked. I then uninstalled it and logged back in it had still came with the same pin.

Is there and way to retrieve my Contacts on my old BBM account  with my OLD PIN, {REMOVED}. Or try and get access to my old account I do not want to start all over again. Please reply with any Help and Information as soon as POSSIBLE. 

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Two BBM PINS, Need Back Contacts

New device = new PIN, there's no way around that.

However, using the same BBID should transfer all of your existing BBM contacts over.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: HTC ONE S - ANDRIOD
My Carrier: Talkmobile

Re: Two BBM PINS, Need Back Contacts

Hello, The thing is that it is not a new device it is the same device and it has just been deleted and when I try logging back in it come up with a different pin