Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: samsung galaxy s3 mini
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

bbm email change keep contacts?

i recently got a new email and i also moved from my 9900 to an s3 mini, i signed in with my old email but now i want to use my new email and keep all the contacts from my old email to my new one without re-adding everyone on my contacts. is this possible?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: bbm email change keep contacts?

Visit www.blackberry.com/blackberryid and sign in with your old email address. Once you're signed in, there's a spot where you can click to change your email address. Doing so should migrate your contacts to any device in which you sign in using the new email address.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: samsung galaxy s3 mini
My Carrier: vodafone

it says: The username you have entered is already in use. Please provide a new username to continue.

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

The site provided by @BillJ is correct.

This BlackBerry Knowledge Base Article provides instructions for changing the email address associated with a BBID: KB28060 - How to change or update the BlackBerry ID Username (email address)

Let us know how it goes!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: Koodo

[ Edited ]

Since the username, aka email address is already in use it sounds like you may have setup a  BlackBerry ID already. 

Assuming this is the case, compete the following to 'swap' the username, aka email addresses so you can bring your BBM contacts with you. 

Note; In order to complete this process you will need three active email addresses. The BBID that you are currently using that contains your BBM contact list will be referred to as BBID-1. The BBID that you would like to use, thats already in use will be referred to BBID-3. The 'swap' address will be referred to as BBID-3. 

1. Login to bbid.com using BBID-2 
  2. Change the username, aka email address to BBID-3 
  3. Sign out of bbid.com
  4. Login to bbid.com using BBID-1
  5. Change the username to your new email address, BBID-2 
  6. Sign out of bbid.com 

After completing these steps you will have successfully updated your BBID username to your new email address while maintaining your BBM contact list.

I hope this help!

Did you know that PRIV & the DTEK50 come with 12 months of free, complimentary support?

PRIV: Call 1-866-533-8067 (Canada\USA), or 0800-141-3330 (UK)

DTEK50: Call 1-855-556-2522 (Canada\USA), or 0800-141-3330 (UK)

Follow me on Twitter and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog