Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone uk
Accepted Solution

can't recieve or send bbm requests

I am on a blackberry curve 8900 v4.6.1.310 my carrier i believe is vodafone uk. i dont think i have a service plan and when i try and go on vodafone live! It says "a communication failure has occured". Those are just some information about my phone. basically whe i send a bbm invite to someone it says pending authorisation or something like that but it never reaches them, i tested this on my brother so many times but he still wouldnt get the invite. futhermore i asked him to invite me too but it wouldnt come up on my bbm. so please i have been trying to solve this for quite a while but. I can't, does anyone have any idea of what i should do?
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: can't recieve or send bbm requests

You MUST have a BB data plan in order to use BBM on the 8900.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

How do i get a data plan?
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Contact your wireless service provider and tell them you need a BlackBerry BIS data plan on your account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thats all i need to do right? So my wireless service provider would be vodafone uk?
Guru II

Yes. It may cost you more per month but when you tell them you have a BlackBerry they should know what kind of plan you need.

New Contributor

Thank you