Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

My Device: tourch 9800
My Carrier: peronal

changing device

I've change my bb touch 9800. I'm using now an S4

When I downloaded bbm for android y sign in whith my bb id and copy all my bbm contacts and use my PIN from the torch

Now I want to give the torch to my cousing.

Is there a way to change the torch pin so i can use it my S4?

If there is no way how can I change my pin asociated to mi id and keep my bbm contacts

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: changing device

Your BlackBerry ID is associated with your phone's PIN. When you switch phones, your new PIN will update itself automatically. All your contacts will see your updated PIN without anyone doing anything. It's quite an great system, actually. So to fully answer your question, there's no way to port your Torch PIN to your S4 but you don't need to.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite II

One more thing. Before handing your Torch away, make sure to do a security wipe of it so you won't run into problems with your BlackBerry ID still being attached to the Torch's PIN.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: tourch 9800
My Carrier: peronal

I'll have to check if the pin had changed

I don't have my torch now. but I'm sure that the pin in the torch, and s4 is the same . When I get home i'll check it.

Elite II

I'll admit, I don't know as much about BBM on Android as others in these forums. All I can tell you is you can switch from phone to phone and not tell anybody about it and they can still reach you with BBM. I know each BlackBerry has a unique PIN but I don't know if BBM set up on an Android would use the same PIN as your BlackBerry if you signed in to the Android with your BlackBerry ID.

My suggestion about doing a security wipe is a good one so at least do that before handing your phone to someone else. Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Hi bochini9 and BillJ

BBM Pin will be different once you switch your BlackBerry ID to another device/Samsung S4. But your BBM contacts, profile, channels and groups are automatically restored over the wireless network based on your BlackBerry ID.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals