Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

My Device: Galaxy S3
My Carrier: Rogers

iPhone 5c with iOS7 - Not recieving messages when app closed

I do not receive audio or visual notifications for BBM at any time.  I must open the app and then messages will appear.  I have had the app installed since day one of buying this phone and has not worked properly.  Tried unisntalling the app and reinstalling...have used both the initial release and new version of the app.  Confirmed notifications are enabled in control panel.  Nothing works.  On the sender's end, they simply see a grey checkmark after a message is sent and only when I open the app their phone shows Delivered and Read (when I've opened their chat).  The sender can send to other iPhone and Android users without the need for them to open the app.  Please note this is a brand new phone, no other junk in it (at the time) and it stil doesn't work.

I'm at my wits end and last ditch effort is this forum.  Yes, I've read as many forum topics as I could and know other people have this problem but most of them are older and sure if resolved.  

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks, Ed