Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: Nexus 4
My Carrier: Maxis

iPhone bbm ringtone

The bbm notification tone on my wife's iPhone 5 is too soft and she's not alerted to the message. PING shares the same tone. Is there anyway to change the tone on iPhone 5 running iOS 7? Bbm on my nexus 4 has customizable tone and is almost perfect. Thanks in advance.
Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: iPhone bbm ringtone

Sorry, we're going to have to wait for them to add that feature to the iOS version.  The wav file that BBM uses is within the BBM.app file itself (the signed application).  As such, we cannot change it. 

Once they use a file NOT inside the app you could do what you want simply by changing the volume of the sound file.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

fishersd is right ; for more information, please read this article from the public knowledge base:

KB35264 Notifications and sounds for BBM for iPhone and cellular enabled iPad

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanks for info. Many of her friends are having the same problem, they can't hear the alert with the device in handbag or even a short distance away. They have switched to wechat and whatsapp as alternate. Its quite disappointing that we can't use it for messaging. My nexus 4 has no problem alerting me but not the reverse. A matter of time before bbm gets uninstalled from their iPhones. I can't use it for connecting to their iPhones. I really wanted to use bbm as my primary IM but like other android users, bbm is just not practical for general use when iPhone users are abandoning it.
New Contributor

IMHO, blackberry provides what they think users want not what users actually want.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Remember you can always call someone using the traditional cellfone system and it will ring. Hang up after 2 rings. Once they hear it they call you back via BBM, works ok