Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

not good -BBM for iOs and android !

Bbm
on android and ios can be accessed using a normal internet connections and WI-Fi ,but we who own a blackberry have to pay extra ! This is really pathetic
Super Contributor
My Device: Xperia Ray
My Carrier: Dhiraagu Maldives

Re: not good -BBM for iOs and android !

BBM for Android and iOS works on a normal DATA plan which only requires an active internet enabled APN to pass through. But a Blackberry device has its own set of service where it requires service books which can only be pushed if there's an active blackberry BIS / BES service (blackberry.net / bb.net or whatever) to comminucated with other blackberry devices. 

This is just the basic to give you an idea on how blackberry works. different service providers provide different DATA plans, but at the backend its the same connectivity between the provider and RIM. Smiley Happy

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: June - 2012

Yes it is true.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Yes I have many contacts on whatsapp that have a legacy BBM device OS 7.1 but they don't have a data plan because they only use the data over wifi and they are fine in these countries data plans are very expensive.

Now I am migrating all my whatsapp friends from android and iphone to BBM but it is really sad I still have to use whatsapp with people having a legacy Blackberry device with no dedicated BIS or BBM data plans..

Blackberry please issue a BBM version that works over data only ! for legacy devices

Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Guys, there's another thread for this (having two only makes the forum messy). Please use the first thread to post this topic: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BBM-for-BlackBerry/Why-no-free-BBM-for-BlackBerry/td-p/260162...