Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: Airtel

unable to setup bbm after update.

unable to set up BBM in curve 9220 after update the BBM messanger through WIFI. The notification that seen whenever I open my BBM is

Cannot Set Up BBM

Insufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network is turned off.

But all the time my wifi is working and from my BB curve 9220 I'm easily using the net also through WIFI.

Please resolve the case. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: unable to setup bbm after update.

Do you have a BB data plan through your provider, Airtel?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

nops... for bbm did i need the bb data plan?
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yes. On the 9220 you need the data plan. On BB10 devices you do not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks for the advise... Will u advice me on one more thing, as I'm using curve 9220 for my official purpose and for personal I have an htc desire x... I knw android is not a secured OS as compare to black berry, apple iPhone or windows phone. But iPhone are two expensive as compare to blackberry or window... And right now I'm interested to purchase z10 or q5. So will you guide me which phone is best for me between Z10 or q5.
Guru II

Only you can decide that. However, I do have both and I much prefer the Z10 over the Q10. The Q10 functions OK but I prefer the larger screen on the Z10. You seem to be OK with all touch devices based on the options you're considering and the Z10 has a touch keyboard that is many times better than the HTC and the iPhone. It took me a week or two but I can type faster on the Z10 than I could on any of my old keyboard model Blackberry devices.

I'd recommend the Z10.

New Contributor

Thanks again... I prefer ur advice..