Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Angry new Q5 customer regarding "cannot connect"

[ Edited ]

I have just purchased  two Q5 phones.  This was a step up from OS6 and OS7.  Love the new Q5 but am very disappointed  with trying to work with Blackberry Link.  I am going on vacation tomorrow and had hoped to have synchronised music onto the Q5 4 GB micro-sd card.

The first time I tried this I syncd about 1GB of MP3.  When I tried a second sync to add more MP3 I got the "Cannot Connect" message.  I then tried to sync a single JPG image and got the same message.

I renewed my BB ID password  with no result.

I reinstalled the OS10 software  with no result

I formatted the Micro SC card  and still no result

I search the web and find others with the same problem and they have not received a solution from Blackberry

I then come here for the for the first time and see many many folk with the same problem.

I have time to return both phones losing my ISP and Blackberry significant money over the two year contract.

So please email me a solution.  As I said above I am going on vacation tomorrow.

Beemer2

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Angry new Q5 customer regarding "cannot connect"

[ Edited ]

Welcome to BB forums

Please advise this is peer to peer community, this forum isn't ran by any Blackberry employees I sure there will be someone here that is going to be able to assist you I haven't played around with Q5 has of yet!

Good Luck

My Device: Z10 Model STL100-3
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Angry new Q5 customer regarding "cannot connect"

[ Edited ]

I'm new to this and cannot even identify when your message was posted (where are the dates/times of messages?).  However, I may know the solution as the same thing happened to me with my new Z10.  I called BlackBerry support about not being able to connect to Link and we tried a few things that caused me eventually to have to restart my computer.  As it restarted, just by accident, I happened to mention that I needed to log into my VPN, and the Support person said that I should probably not do that and I asked why and they mentioned a Knowledge Base article that says that you cannot connect to Link while using a VPN (Duh!!!!!).  I never would have thought of that, and I'm not sure the Support person would have mentioned it had I not commented about needing to log into my VPN.

She referred to Knowledge Base Article ID: KB33604, which describes the problem and some workarounds.

Bottom Line: You might have to exit any VPN client before using Link with your BlackBerry.  It's a bit of a pain to get used to, but this is apparently unavoidable because of how Link communicates with connected devices and user accounts.  The KBase article indicates how you might resolve it by enabling Local Area Network access for the VPN client. However, that does not appear to work for me, as it is already configured this way.