Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SE
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

BB Link 1.2, Win 8, iTunes Playlists and Garmin Express conflict

[ Edited ]

Okay, so I've been having problems with BB Link ever since I switched to Windows 8.  Essentially, I have had two main issues I never had running Link on Windows 7.

1) DPC Watchdog Violation/BSOD

2) iTunes library can't be accessed.

For #2, this seems to be caused by a conflict with Garmin Express software (if you have it installed, Link may not see you iTunes library).  Weird, but true it seems.  After installing BB Link 1.2 and seeing the advisory message under 'Music', I uninstalled Garmin Express and reinstalled BB Link, and voila!  My iTunes library returned.

Good right?

Well, almost.  While my iTunes library shows up, it does NOT show the playlists which, of course, is what I need the most.  (Under Playlists, it is completely blank).

What could be the reason is that my iTunes library is stored on a network drive and if BB Link defaults to check the C drive Users folder, it wont find it there.  But since it does show my music it is smart enough at least to know it is on the network but not smart enough to see the playlists.

So, not sure what is going on and while I am happy it is 'partly' fixed, it still needs more work because as is, I can't use it.  I still need to resort to booting off my Win 7 drive to sync my music.

1) BSOD

Well, I don't know if that is still happening or not.  I haven't plugged my Z10 in yet as I'm resorting to syncing by wifi in fear of the BSOD.  But I did read about a potential conflict with bad SD cards as being the cause so while I have a SanDisk 64GB card, I'll try another one to see if the problem returns.  Hopefully it doesn't.

I do notice that in Windows Explorer the drive descriptors now identify which drive the SD card and which drive is the flash drive so something has changed so hopefully if it is an updated driver, that will fix the BSOD issues.

That's it.  Just wanted to share.

Cheers.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SE
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: BB Link 1.2, Win 8, iTunes Playlists and Garmin Express conflict

With regards to the iTunes Playlists not showing, I've confirmed it definitely a Windows 8 issue.

Today, I wiped/reinstalled Windows 7, installed iTunes, accessed my library, then tried BB Link and everything was there.

Then wiped/reinstalled Windows 8.1, same process but nothing under playlists or All Music.

Now my music library and music are stored on a network so this is maybe a reason why not everyone is having the issue.

Anyhow, the only difference is Windows 8/8.1 (it never worked for me under Windows 8).

So, hopefully BB can do something about it, either fix BB Link to work right, or track down the problem and submit it to MS to fix.