Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

BB Link for Mac OS is to buggy for words

Hi

I just want to went my frustration. I looked already through this forum and others in hope to find ways to make BB link work on my Macs. Could not find any. The software is a piece of sh....

Using WIFI, BB10 wil find my Z10 and show the contents in the window, but will not backup, all I get is the little blue wave icon, it will not even try to back up

Using the USB connection, the Z10 shows up but all I get is the message, "preparing to backup" it has been going on for the last 10 minutes, 

It is even not consistent in its errors: for unknown reasons it started to do a backup last night, but quite after going to 20%, all I got was the message "Error" error what? did not say...

On the Mac side of BB link, I get the message :BB Link cant access Iphotos"  Iphotos is open and I have the latest version. Just to make sure I deleted it and downloaded it gain for the Mac Store. 

I am also using the latest Mac OS 10.8.3. on a 15" MacBookPro Retina Display. I tried also on a earlier white MacBook, same problems.

It now has been almost 20 minutes and BB Link is still " Preparing to back up"

I also have the latest version of BB link.

Jut to finish this rant, the user interface sucks big time, the people at RIM  should have a look at the way the Iphone syncs with a Mac, smooth as silk, never a problem, 2 windows side by side showing the contents of both machines, one can drag from one to the other, rearrange the position of the Icons.... etc

That's it folks

Fizou