Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Link not linking to Win Media Player or iTunes

First, I am not a fan of iTunes, but that is what we have to do.

I too am having issues with this. I just installed the software for the first time and it loaded the library. When I tried to expand the Artist the software crashed and would not fully open without crashing. After a reboot, the software will finally open, but it cannot find any music from iTunes.

The work around of putting the files on a SD card is not possible for me. I have 136k song library. I'm not going to hunt down each file to copy them over. I WANT MY iTUNES PLAYLISTS! NO GOOD BLACKBERRY. I'm not carrying an iPhone just for music. That is why I went with the Z10, ONE DEVICE.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon - USA

Right. Im in the same boat.
Contributor
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Time for someone from Blackberry to respond!!!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

cdawaters wrote:

Except for...

BSCF User Comm.JPG

While BB folks will sometimes post, such is never to be expected as this site is not part of any formal support channel. Rather, it is a user-to-user community.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

sdgardne wrote:

cdawaters wrote:

Except for...

BSCF User Comm.JPG

While BB folks will sometimes post, such is never to be expected as this site is not part of any formal support channel. Rather, it is a user-to-user community.

Good luck!

I think cdawaters was just saying that BBRY should say something about this issue.

Could you point us in the right direction to find a solution for this? Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I've raised this issue with BB Help on Twitter but they just say it needs to be escalated to BB through my carrier. What has my carrier got to do with the software issues on my computer? Why cant BB give users a direct way of communicating issues with them?

New Contributor

I did the same things and they weren't that helpful. I think we are out of luck until and update.

---Rant Time---

This is where I think APPL excels and keep their user-base. Customer support is very important to keeping customer's happy. The device can be the best but if there's issues that cant be attended to or lack of help with troubleshooting, approval rating goes down.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

cdawaters wrote:

I've raised this issue with BB Help on Twitter but they just say it needs to be escalated to BB through my carrier. What has my carrier got to do with the software issues on my computer? Why cant BB give users a direct way of communicating issues with them?

Contractually, BB cannot provide formal direct support to end users. All parties are bound to the formal support model, which starts with end users contacting their mobile service provider and, if needed, being escalated up to BlackBerry. That is how it works, and how (contractually) it must work.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

How is the desktop software associated with my carrier, in this case VZW?

That doesn't make any sense.

Hall of Famer III

It's not...but the correlation is also irrelevant.

What is relevant is the contractually required support model. By signing up to be BB-providing carriers, they further take 100% of the front line support responsibility for their end users -- for everything, including what you are reporting. Hence, what they told you via the Twitter account is correct...you need to seek support via the formal channel, which starts with your carrier, who can escalate you up to BlackBerry in a formal manner. That is how it works...and all parties (BlackBerry, the carriers, and even the end users) are contractually bound to that model, even for this issue.

I know that it sounds counter-intuitive...but it is nevertheless contractually required. There are plenty of other threads that have (for years!!) discussed the merits and de-merits of this support model...but those discussions also are not relevant...for the contracts are what dictate the required process...nothing else matters.