Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telus

BB Link sync to Mac

I have Version 1.1.1 (build 33) of BB Link loaded on my Mac and have set up the sync for calendar and contacts.  When I connect my BB Q10, it does the backup and claims to complete the sync, but my Q10 calendar and contacts never show up on my Mac contacts and calendar applications.   There seems to be a lot of info flying around because of the original lack of 2 way sync.  Does anyone know the latest fix for this one?

Thanks,N

New Contributor

Re: BB Link sync to Mac

I upgraded to 1.1.1.35.  Now it appears that my contacts are syncing from my Mac to my BB, but not the other way around.  My calendar isn't talking either direction.  Thanks for any info from people who have managed to make this work.

New Contributor

Can anyone tell me if there isn't a solution to this problem?  I am not sure if the relative silence means that no one else has solved this or if there is a readily available solution that I haven't found yet.

Contacts syncing is now working with the last upgrade, but no luck on the calendar syncing to date.

Thanks so much.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport, Z10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

Hello,

I think this is a critical problem for the moment.

Just "back" on this forum after purchasing yesterday a Q10 (second hand) and having left my Bold9900 after good services (but suffering from extremely short battery life!). I had put a lot of hope in this new OS10 and resisted to buy the Z10 because of obvious poor battery life as well.

Now I am very puzzled with my Q10 as I cannot indeed sync anything from my Mac Pro: no contacts and no calendar.

If I enter the "cardav" account manually on the Q10, it will "get" my iCloud address book but most of my entries are duplicated on the device!?

So disappointed that BB cannot find a stable solution for sync with Mac devices...

Anyone having a good proposal here?

------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport, Z10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

The only current workaround (to my knowledge) is to import your contacts and calendar into an account like Gmail for example.

Through a relatively simple "export - import" process, you will get all your Mac life into Gmail (if this is deemed acceptable for you of course) and you can then declare this account to your Q10.

It will automatically recognise that the account has also contacts and calendars and they will then show up on your Q10.

This is not a perfect solution for sure but at least you get your things "clean" from the Mac on your BB device.

Of course there is no possibility of direct sync back to your iCloud/Mac files! Smiley Sad

You are then obliged to some sort of double input: one on your BB and one on your Mac computer or iCloud account.

------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello,

A second hand Q10 ?

sinc with Mac works on the blackberry operating system version 10.1 and higher.

Check this.

Put blackberry operating system version 10.2 on your phone.

Count to ten and try again.

Success !

New Contributor

This version or higher you should already have installed.

BlackBerry Link v1.2.0.17 (Mac OS)

And yes, at the bottom of this link it is mentioned that contacts can be synced but agenda NOT !

That is BB and Mac. This is official BB website.

http://ca.blackberry.com/support/apps/blackberry-link/overview.html

They should be working on fixing this problem. But for now no syncing agenda Mac OS and BB possible.

They should really be working on this issue.

New Contributor

It should be possible to sync your agenda.

(Not clear for me if i's agenda by Apple or Outlook on a Mac.)

But just update everything, Your Mac, your BB device (10.1 or higher) and the BB link software latest version.

Read this manual, perhaps you can identify and fix your problem.

Success  !

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/53247/BlackBerry_Link_for_Mac_OS-User_Gu...

New Contributor

to sync your BB phone with your contacts and appointments in Microsoft Entourage and iCal on your iMac/OSX

and to sync Music, video and foto

these two patches need installing.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=CBC462E27100DAD71CDBF606D396...

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=CBC462E27100DAD71CDBF606D396...

These should not hurt, could do the trick.

New Contributor

I have both calendar and contacts now syncing with my Mac.

The update to the later software version for BB LInk solved the contact problem.  

I worked with my phone provider and their BB rep to get my calendar sync working.  You can only do this by using iCloud to connect the Mac Calendar to the Q10.  I had to create an iCloud e-mail address and change my BB default calendar to that one.  It now syncs perfectly. There is a BB knowledge base article about this, but it isn't very clearly written so easy to mess up the procedure.

Good luck.