Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 stl-2
My Carrier: UK Vodafone

BB Link wont install

Hi

I have a problem installing link on a new laptop. The spec is win 7 pro 64bit.

Every time I try and install a message pops up and tells me the EXE file has a syntax error? Any ideas? I have turned off virus and firewall and run as an administrator.

Thanks Dean

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: BB Link wont install

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 stl-2
My Carrier: UK Vodafone

Thanks for the link I had tried this previously and again today but it still has the same message..

Any other ideas?

Dean

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

A  little info:

A syntax error occurs when information is entered into a computer in an unrecognizable or improper format. If, for instance, someone typed an email address using the word “dotcom” instead of “.com,” the message would be undeliverable because of a syntax error. Poorly or incorrectly formatted information might be entered by a programmer, end user, or even by computer software itself. Computer programs communicate through digital language, and they have their own rules of grammar; when these rules are violated, a syntax erroroccurs.

How It Happens

Syntax is a crucial element of clear communication in any language. For example, English has rules regarding spelling, sentence structure, word placement, and punctuation that helps convey ideas and makes the intended meaning clear. Numbers also have their own rules and conventions; 335 can mean many things depending on context, such as $3.35 US Dollars (USD) indicating cost and being distinct from 3:35 pm, which shows a certain time. A syntax errorresults from ignoring, forgetting or misusing these conventions.

Computer programming uses various languages to express data in a way that computers can understand and process. When errors are made, such as a person entering numbers, words, and punctuation incorrectly, a computer often fails to understand what is intended. A syntax error is basically a grammatical mistake made in communicating with a computer.

Did you rename the file ? I suggest you delete the file and download another to see if it is the file or your computer.

If it happens again run this scan:    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833