Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: PCCW

BBQ10 - Urgent Help for "Cannot Communicate with Device"

Dear team, 

I have a technical problem, i recently bought a Q10 to replace my existing Q5, tt is stranger that i found there is headline "Cannot Communicate with Device" when i setup device Q10. 

I try click on icon "reconnect", there is no response.

Then i try to click on "reload" icon, the Q10 device restore to factory setting, but with PC text box saying "Warnings encountered during the loading process. The Blackberry Desktop Softwarde cannot connect to the device..."  

In short it seems strange, i am using same PC (Win XP) for Q5, it works fine under BB Link, however, it dosen't work fine with my  newly bought Q10.

Is there any setting that i need fix on my Q10 ? My existing software version on my devices are as follows : 

My new Q10 BB 10 OS  software release is :; OS Version :

My existing Q5 BB10 software release is :; OS version :

Need your advise, many thanks in advance,

D. Tang (BBQ10)  

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: BBQ10 - Urgent Help for "Cannot Communicate with Device"

Open Device Manager, click view on the Menu, click Show hidden devices.

If you see any yellow question marks or triangles for any blackberry or Rim drivers expand + then right click that driver and click update.

If it will not update click Uninstall, with your phone disconnected from the computer restart your computer. Once restarted wait 5 minutes then plug your phone in.

If all your drivers are OK post back for more instructions.