Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: BIG PROBLEM - BB Link crash when i installing in windows 8.1

BBWindowsUser wrote:
I've removed Kaspersky and reinstalled BB Link. Was able to upload calendar to my Q10 and some contacts, but then Windows 8 again crashed "DPC Watchdog Violation as before. I've updated all drivers. Is BB Link simply incompatible with WIndows 8? Please send patch soon, or I'll have to follow my computer consultant's advice and buy and Android phone.

I have windows 8.1 and BB link is working fine since i removed Kaspersky

My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Verizon

I am trying to install Blackberry link for the first time on my Sony Vaio with Windows 8.1 and have tried to run as an administrator, turn off my Kaspersky security, etc. but keep getting the same message:

Error 1935 An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {74FD3CE6-2A8D-0E9C-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x800736B5                                                                                                    

Can someone help?

Contributor

daevents11 wrote:

I am trying to install Blackberry link for the first time on my Sony Vaio with Windows 8.1 and have tried to run as an administrator, turn off my Kaspersky security, etc. but keep getting the same message:

Error 1935 An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {74FD3CE6-2A8D-0E9C-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x800736B5                                                                                                    

Can someone help?

You need to uninstall kaspersky. then install BB link, but as soon as you install kaspersky again link will stop working. I had to go with Norton after 15year of using kasperky

I totally uninstalled Kaspersky and rebooted, tried again twice and still the same error message...??

New Contributor

I totally uninstalled Kaspersky and rebooted, tried again twice and still the same error message...??

Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

I have the same problem I'm using eset does this matter?
Contributor

vmisirlis wrote:
I have the same problem I'm using eset does this matter?

well i did spend hours with Blackberry techs along with giving them remote access to sort my issue out and it all come down to Kaspersky.

i have tried Norton, Mcaffee ESET, AVG,AVAST, Bitdefender and they all work with BB link.  Kaspersky is the only one that does not work with BB link

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

Hmm then I can't figure out what's happening.... tbh I was hoping that the problem was the anti-virus... Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30, Q10, Bold 9900, 64GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

i have many issues with link wont even register my Z30 alot when using my mac, it uses soo much of my computers resources and i have a very new computer, also everything i try to do takes a very long time (much logner than bb desktop software)

Contributor

Nick_Mcbride6 wrote:

i have many issues with link wont even register my Z30 alot when using my mac, it uses soo much of my computers resources and i have a very new computer, also everything i try to do takes a very long time (much logner than bb desktop software)

cant see whay they moved from the stable and working BB desktop software to BB link.  although just like the Playbook, they seemsto just want to deal with version 10+ OS and its hardware and ignore all the pre ver 10 smartphones and playbooks.