Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Back up did not complete :-(

Hi,

Having the same problem as you Sheppy attempting to backup my Z10(10.0.9.348) via USB with Blackberry Link software on Win7(SP1) Ultimate and WinXP(SP3) Pro.

Get message'Backup did not complete' when attempting either a full or partial backup.
Checking 'Select data to include in your backup files' displays 'No data available for backup' instead of the expected list of checkboxes.

Device volume successfully mounts as drive Z and its possible to copy files to/from the device.  Windows Device Manager shows Blackberry USB Driver and both Blackberry network adapters as "working properly".

Reported problem to my carrier(TELUS). They can apparently reproduce the problem as well. My sister also picked up a Z10 this week and is having the same problem.

NOTE: My win7 system also has latest version of DM installed to manage my 9900 and playbooks. Suspecting a potential conflict, I restored a clean WinXP system image with no applications other than VS2008 and VS2010 to a different computer and installed BlackBerry link.  I encounter exactly the same problem trying to backup the device. 

New Contributor
My Carrier: EE

Spiney

Thanks for your input (together with everyone else).

VF at BlackBerry. Can we please have a proper solution as it's clear that 'my' issue isn't an isolated one. A patch or an urgent update of Link or anything please!!!

Many thanks

Sheppy

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: fido

Glad someone else tried to see if is a conflict between the two blackberry programs. As I wondered myself if that might be the problem. I also noticed today that the sync doesn't work properly either. It sinced some of my music but not all of it. I just tried one genre and it should have transferred about 350 songs and it only transferred just over a 100 of them.

Possibly a related problem? 

Hopefully, this can be addressed quickly. I really do love the phone. So many cool features.  

For the record, I have a windows vista 64 system and have tried several cables and all drivers seem to be working. 

I also own a BlackBerry 9700 and 2 play books that I backup through blackberry desktop. 

Kevyn

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey all,

We require logs from BlackBerry Link so we can find the root cause of this issue.  Please contact your network service provider and asked to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can go through the logs.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

I've just dug out my ancient netbook that runs XP and I still cannot back up. When Link was being installed it stated (words to the affect of) that the software didn't install correctly exactly the same as when I tried to install it on my new PC running Windows 7! :-(

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE

same problem here and i have found overt 20 users elswhere having the same problem !!

what's really funny is that RIM wanted to play with the big boys in the market after releasing the Z10 ! that's so funny

blackberry z10 is full of bugs and i am really surprised after waiting for 8 months for this device to find it like that!

did this phone even pass testing??

Yasser Youssef
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

UPS just showed up with my replacement Z10 for the one I am having troubles with battery/charging/freezing which I have had to pull the battery 3-5 times a day ...

Go I go to back up my original Z10 on Link and getting this SAME problem ... what gives!!!!

We bought 4 of these for our business, and finding this more than discouraging now not even being able to back-up content on these phones ... especially when used for business

Forums Advisor III

Same issue here, "no data for backup".
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

I've just downloaded the Link update and, surprise, surprise I''m still getting: 'Backup did not complete'.

I read on another forum that it's probably a phone issue. I transferred things from a Bold 9900 and, apparently, some old corrupt files were not deleted properly from the previous Desktop software by BlackBerry and these were also subsequently transferred to the Z10 causing the phone to not be properly recognised by the Link.

Great phone, poor 'support'. I guess we're going to have to wait until there's a software update for the phone and hope that they finally fix the fault. Lets hope we don't lose or have our phones stolen in the interim! :-(

Add me to the fed up list of Z10 owners. I have not ported any old files from my previous Blackberry so that rules that out. I do get a message that RIM Disk Device Device Unplugged but it is plugged in and charging off usb port. Also I see my Message Backup has (Backup Full) above it! WTF??? I have never backed anything up and and when  I review the files all are empty. Ridiculous that this software has sooooo many many bugs. Hope RIM fixes or they should put this on the company tombstone.