Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE
Accepted Solution

Backup did not complete

Dear All,

I have a blackberry z10 and I can't use LINK to back it up! I am using USB, and whenever I try to backup I get the following error messages:

Backup did not complete

There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the backup. Verify that the device is turned on and connected.

I am running Windows 8 64bit

Please help

Yasser

Yasser Youssef
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Backup did not complete

I have the same set up, and I am having the same problem.  I can not restore my passwords and saved WLAN profiles, and I can not back up either.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hey Yasserhy,

To better assist you with this I have a some questions; Do you have User Account Control enabled on your Windows Profile? And are you running any Anti Virus or Firewall software? 

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: z30 and z10

I'm posting this message wherever I see backup issues, I'm curious to see if this is a temporary fix for anyone else out there, until BB can patch it.

Hey guys, I was able to backup my phone when I first got it and then I tried backing it up one day and it stopped working... after reading online about some apps causing problems, I decided to try and delete some of the latest ones I installed. Doing one at a time I eventually was able to backup, when I thought I found the "bad app" I re-installed one of the first apps I deleted, wouldn't backup again... turns out it wasn't any particular app (in my case).

Anyway! all this to say, that I think I found the issue some people are having. If you're application data is more than 675MB (give or take), Blackberry Link won't backup... I would backup my phone with whichever app at 672MB's, it would backup no problem, as soon as I would install another one, it would boost it up to 677MB's or above and it would be a no go... no particular app... I'm just guess 675MB, seems like it would make sense as a number. Anyway, I'm curious if this is the case for other people. What is everyone's application data size at, who are is having issues? If any of you can, try going below 672-675MB and see if it works.

Mike

Contributor

As the User Account Control, yes I have it enabled but it's being set to notify me of any changes (all applications are working fine, I think the LINK should be no exception)

Also, I have kaspersky anti-virus .. it never caused me a problem before with the Desktop Manager.

Let's just face it, Blackberry should appologize to the world for releasing a phone full of bugs and windows application that is not working.

i wish i have never bought this phone. so far, i managed to warn 4 of my friend not to buy it because it's buggy. They're lucky to have had someone to warn them about this phone. Unlike me, i was one of those dumb people who bought it when it was first released Smiley Happy

Yasser Youssef
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Having the same problem. Backup worked the first time and hasn't since.

HELP!

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 64g, Z10, 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Had the same problem. Deleted flightaware app and was able to complete a backup. Flightaware was not loading properly so I only had to delete that program. 

New Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Fido

I to am having backup issues. Using Partial Backup only Settings and Media will back-up. Backing up Application Data gives me an error message. This problem has been frequent for a number of Z10 users not just shown on here but on other Blackberry forums also. I am dissappointed there is no response from Blackberry on this problem. I rely on my Z10 (which I like a lot). Not having a reliable means of backing my Z10 is a major issue for me.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 64G
My Carrier: Rogers

Having the exact same issue with backing up my Z10. Unchecked applications and everything backs up as it should. Why isn't Blackberry responding to this issue? This is THEIR support forum!

Contributor

Ok, I recieved a Blackberry OS 10 update (10.0.10.82)

The backup is working find now.

Yasser Youssef