Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Backup did not complete

It appears that it is in fact PC Recipe Box that is causing this issue.  Delete app and was able to back up as well as do the software upgrade that failed too.

Z10
Rogers, Halifax NS
Contributor
My Device: z30 and z10

All backup issues seem fixed with the new BB Link update. I never had PC Recipe Box installed, I couldn't backup before... not convinced it was that app. You should all try installing the new version of Link, and reinstall the app.

Best of luck, nonetheless, I believe BB has fixed this issue. Thanks

Mike

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

I tried what you said about removing PC Recipe Box as I was having no luck at all backing-up my Z10 and IT WORKED on the first try.  I don't think I will bother re-installing the app.  Oh I had upgraded to the latest version of Link prioer to removing PC but it still wouldn't backup.

Thank you for suggesting this trick.

Z10

North Bay, Ont.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

I can not get back up to work.  Keep getting message "backup did not complete"

Have re-installed link software.  version 1.1.1.32

Previous Z10 died and AT&T replaced.  Now have everything working again except backup.

Any ideas? 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

RESOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a 5 1/2 hour phone call to Rim my Backup did not complete problem has been resolved.

Somehow the General property on my "My Documents" folder had changed to read only,  We unclicked it and it reset all the files and sub folders and now everything works.

Have not a clue how it got changed but must have happened on a reinstall of Blackberry Link because backups did work on the first Z10.

Contributor
My Device: Z 10

Is not working, It seems like this problem it's been here for long time, Is a usless Backup, there is no way to restore anything.

This is bad, they should concern about this problem.

Contributor
My Device: Passport Z10 9800 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm getting the message on my new locked AT&T Passport SQW100-3 with original OS 10.3.1.1955. Link version 1.2.4.27 Win8.1 

"Backup did not complete"

Tried both full and quick and different USB ports. The backup worked on my Z10 with OS 10.2.1

Deleted and re-installed link and blend. No joy backing up the Passport. Tried to backup my Z10 that is running 10.3.1 now. Got the same error after a successful backup with OS 10.2.1.

This is definitely a problem with 10.3.1

My Device: Passport
My Carrier: At&T

I have tried all the fixes listed in this thread and still have no luck being able to succesfully back it up. i was able to back up my phone the day i bought it but have not been able to since.

i have tried to locate a number to call for support, but have also been unable to locate one as well. Anyone please help

Contributor
My Device: Z 10

Sometimes if you can't back up the phone with Blackberry Link check if you have the lastest Update,(both ... IOS and Blackberry Link) if still you can't perform the back up connect the phone to the computer and explore the files, go to the user file and take al the items like Pictures, Videos, downloads and cocuments and copy them on your desk, for the contacts try to esxport them to the sim card or with an SD card. 

after that you can perform a factory reset on your phone and re add all the stuff back to the Blackberry.