Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Better Proxy support in the software

I am trying to use the BlackBerry Link software behind a proxy. However the software doesn't have any option to either be given proxy settings or just pick them up yourself (as quite a few other softwares do). I am not even able to sign in to my BlackBerry ID, since it says it can't connect to the internet.

I would really appreciate better proxy support/features in the future version.

PS : I think while installing BlackBerry Link, the installer downloads BlackBerry Link from the internet, the installer didn't have a problem downloading behind a proxy, even though I didn't provide any proxy settings (must've picked up the IE settings automatically) however the actual software doesn't.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Better Proxy support in the software

I've updated to 1.0.0.76 and am still having this problem behind our proxy. I'm surprised it isn't supported yet since many people who receive new BlackBerry devices get them through work.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Better Proxy support in the software

Blackberry comeone people get this moving. I can't use blackberry link from my workplace because i'm behind a proxy and Link doesen't support any kind of proxy. Lot's of people are in this situation, what are you waiting for. How can we get the message across to the team that's actually developing Link ?