Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Blacberry link Windows setup issue

I have problem with blackberry 10 link too.

At work I have an internet station, with Win 7. That machine is not part of the network, and all settings on TCP/IP are set to auto. After connecting my Z10, link installed and worked with no issues.

My desktop at home uses Win 8, is a part of home group, and I have AVG with a firewall. When I connect Z10 by USB, I can see my device in the Network part of win explorer, but can not expand it, nor I can sync anything from it.  When I try to "mount" Z10 drive, it fails with x40 error. When I try to use link by WiFi, I constantly get connection errors, but my Z10 is definitely connected. In BB link I can see my device, just can not sync.

I turned off AV, ran link as admin, made changes to usb hub settings so power savings can not turn them off, tried to join Z10 to home group, and not sure what else to do. Link is the newest, Z10 OS, is the newest, ... My local computer IP is static, and I have prefered dns. I have noticed that Z10 adapter had incorrect IP setup, so I changed that to 169.254.15.5 wth mask 255.255.0.0

My computer local IP is 192.168.... and Z10 over WiFi has 192.168.... address, while over usb will have 169.254..... My router assigns addresses in range of 192.168.0..... I can ping Z10 usb, but I can not mount it. efore I changed IP I would get error: 0x80070035 - The network Path was not found.

Z10 doesn't have a password. When joining to homegroup I have used for the network name, name from link, which is blackberry-5bcd and for user name I tried: blackberry and pin#

Not sure what else to do. It looks like definitely network issue. It would be great if somebody from blackberry would be reading these posts. It seems quite few of users have the same issue. Hope somebody will figure this one out, if it is possible without blakberry finding solution. If I figure it out will definitely post the solution. Please help!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Blacberry link Windows setup issue

I managed to access link over wifi. Enabled wifi on my desktop, connected desktop to it, and link and Z10 connected to it. Functionality inside link still didn't work properly, but I was ale to see Z10 in Win Explorer and to copy and paste files to my desktop. 

Another issue with this is that my computer sees Z10 as a Media Server, so can download folder "Photos" but not anything else. At this moment that is OK, but eventually I will need access to documents as well.

Hope blackberry stuff reads comments in these postings.