02-18-2014 05:26 AM
I recently updated to BBLink 184.108.40.206 and began getting the failed to committ error also.
I synced contacts first, by themselves, and no issue. About 350 of them.
I synced my calendar second, by itself, and the issue popped up.
Most of the calendar entries transferred over correctly.
I did some digging and found the ones that DID NOT transfer were...
Any invite that had a re-occurring rule set on it. I set up a few of them recently for the year, invited a ton of folks, and that is what DIDN'T transfer correctly. Or at all.
For calendars, I will purge those (just two now) massive reoccurring invites and see what happens. The issue is, it impacts a lot of people so I can't just whack them and start over without some communication up front
I too have the same problem. New items on either device sync fine, but I have a number or recurring appointments that I have edited and they will then not sync at all. I end up with two appointments at different times. I'm sure this didn't happen before I updated the software recently. Ok I can delete and add then in again, but I have quite a lot of appointments and "tasks" that I handle in this way. I have had to use "all day items" to replace my Outlook tasks as of course they won't sync at all. BB please sort these two items soon.
02-18-2014 08:30 AM
It appears we are all having the same problems, which means it should be realatively easy for BB to fix. Now if anyone at BB cared about us "consumer" customers anymore, someone might actually get about working on a fix. However, as there hasn't been any input from BB for these several days, I'm going to go back to talking to the wall in my office...
02-18-2014 09:29 AM
The problem seems to be resolved with the latest build - 10.2.2xxx
Just download the latest autoloader from Crackberry, link your phone to the PC and run.
02-18-2014 09:33 AM
02-18-2014 11:23 AM
Well, the Link tells me I have the latest device software at 10.2.1.537, and this is the one that's causing the problem.
The PC side of thinks shows there's an Update Available, but when I try to install it, the wizard wants to Repair or Remove, indicating I already have the latest (220.127.116.11). Doeas anyone know why the "Update Available" icon shows when there isn't one?
I don't think we all should have to be software engineers to operate a phone. I still haven't seen anything from Blackberry themselves; has anyone else? Shouldn't they be posting a solution to this mess?
02-19-2014 09:54 AM
I have an update.. as of now, with some tinkering... No issues on my side... Here is what I did...
*back up your data first with a tool you trust, just in case*
First, I went into Settings, Accounts, and removed all BBLINK accounts. I had three. Just select and delete as prompted.
Second, I went into Contacts, Settings, and turned off all account accesses such as BBM, linkedin, faceplant, sim, etc. Save those settings.
Third, I deleted all 300 contacts. Yes, it was like pushing the big red button with anxiety of 'what if this doesn't work.'
Fourth, restart the BB. Just recycle it to clear any memory or app issues. Yes, I know it's not windows but... just in case. Give the device time to settle from indexing, loading music, etc.
Fifth, start BBLINK on the PC and plug in the BB.
Sixth, to to the SYNC section and sync ONLY contacts. Crunch Crunch Crunch, 15 minutes later... successful sync.
The removing of the LINK in accounts should also remove all calendar events from that 'link.' I was getting ghost reminders for meetings but did not see any meetings in the calendar. I restarted the device. Just power recycle to let it clean up memory, etc.
Fire up Link, plug in, select only calendar and sync. Done.
The issue seems to be duplicates and may be made worse if you have common contacts loaded via linkedin and faceplant. Starting with a clean deck, seemed to work for me.
Your mileage (or kilometers depending on your location) may very.
02-19-2014 01:30 PM
Not sure if it is 'the trick' but it keeps the contacts app from loading in addreses from other sources that may conflict with Outlook synced contacts. The best guess I have is it is a duplicate issue on some records.
Once you load your contacts from the PC, then turn FB and linkedIN back on and give it time to match them back up (links). I noticed it took my device several hours to do that import and merge (347 Outlook contacts, 700 LinkedIN, 250 facepalms, and a few others).
Hope this helps.