Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Passport.
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry Link and syncing PIM data with stand-alone desktop installation of Outlook 2010?

Got my brand new Z10 today, set it up, more or less. Beautiful hardware and OS!

Installed BlackBerry Link and then tried to synch all my PIM data (contacts, calender, tasks, etc.) from my stand-alone desktop installation of Outlook 2010 (non-Microsoft Exchange Server) and....nothing. The feature is gone...extremely disappointed.

I hope this is going to be fixed ASAP!

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Link and syncing PIM data with stand-alone desktop installation of Outlook 2010?

Torontom, I am/was in the same boat as you, and I can only say that I have been assured this feature for wired syncing of Outlook PIM data will not be returning. I am just as disappointed as you.

I am finding alternatives at this point and setting up my contacts and calendar via a free outlook.com account.

You can export your Outlook contacts and calendar into our your Outlook.com account, and using the hotmail redirector, still be able to sync your contacts between your desktop PC Outlook <> Outlook.com <> Your Z10 handheld device.

I'll be writing up an instructional on the process.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BlackBerry Link and syncing PIM data with stand-alone desktop installation of Outlook 2010?

Jsanders who assured you? and if we yell loud enough is it still not coming back? This phone until this point really did have the ability to save blackberry. However missing this one simple feature could very well be the death of them. Seems like a tremendous over site that could have very easily been avoided. And can still just as easily be fixed.
G2M
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Local Sync between Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, etc) and my Blackberry was the sole reason I have stuck with Blackberry for the past 8 or so years. I will certainly not be upgrading to BB10 once it is out in the US if this issue is not rectified, particularly since it should be a relatively easy fix (Outlook and my 9900 sync just fine). There is certainly a strong consumer base that requires local sync capabilities. I cannot believe they pulled the rug out from under us like this....

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10

This is a major mess. How can they not provide a solution to enable people to sync? I am using a MAC and have been synching Address Book and Calendar with my BB through all different models since the first BB, and now I am left in the cold. I am sending my Z10 back. I call the business help twice and they have no solutions. How disappointing.

Regular Contributor

You can sync using icloud. All you need to do if you have not already done so is create an icloud email account and then on your MAC in the settings enable icloud for your calendar and address book. I am having a problem with the calendar which I hope to resolve with Apple, but my contacts came across beautifully.

G2M
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Hi Beverly, I'm glad that icloud worked for you. Unfortunately, those of us who don't feel comfortable with personal data on cloud servers are still left out =/ Oh well, guess this just means Apple and Android are fair game for my business, USB Local Outlook Sync is what set BB apart from the more capable Samsung Galaxy, etc.
Regular Contributor

I totally understand. The trade-off is in the wireless instantaneous sync. In reallity our emails are already sitting on someone elses server.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

Pim sync will be added to bb link later this year as per statement from @blackberryhelp

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

That's good to know. I just don't know how long some of these users posting here will wait.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code