Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

BlackBerry Link can't sign in

Link is no longer keeping me signed in and when I try to log in, it freezes. Can't escape. Can't reduce. Using Windows 8 and up until a couple of days ago, it was working just fine.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BlackBerry Link can't sign in

Hey donyyc,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry Link requires access to https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/,  are you using a PC that is behind a proxy server that requires authentication to access the internet or behind a firewall?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I've got this issue as well.  I can definitely access the internet, and can access the BB ID website you referred to in a prior post.  I've disabled the firewall on my Mac, and every time I try to sign in from BlackBerry Link (latest version) it goes straight to Page 2 of 2 and says "Unable to sign ino you Blackberry ID.  Confirm you are connected to the Internet."  Please help.

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: rogers

Me too. Using a PC...but Link freezes on first screen and says Unable to sign ino you Blackberry ID. Confirm you are connected to the Internet
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I'm having the same problem. I have disabled everything. I am on an ultra high speed Bell modem and I cannot get Link to sign in. I get the same message.
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9105, BlackBerry Curve 9220

Verify if you are connected to a stable Internet connection or wireless network.

Disable any proxy settings on the system.

Make sure the restrictions to any security programs on the PC system are set to Low.

Make sure as well there are no other errors in the registry as any changes on the PC architecture may affect the functionality of the BlackBerry Link.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join me on my BBM Network as well as BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: 2A5706AD
Twitter: @sesa_jeckieboo | @i_am_jecka
WeChat: Sesa_Domina_Jecka | i_am_jecka
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 Smartphone
My Carrier: Verizon

Having the exact same problem...no proxy settings and security programs are set to Low....how does one check for errors in the registry?
New Contributor

AM having the same problem and have checked proxy and security settings...how do I check for registry errors?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

New Contributor

Although I can now log into my account and have run the registry, I can still not syn and get an error message similar to the following:  Sync was unsuccessful error – “CPreferencesManager:Configuration Value for /Preferences/Account_3_196610/DevicePin not set in TransConfig.xml for Translator RimBB”  I have gone to the forum and followed the directions there, and found the following:

--Cause 1

The sync engine used by BlackBerry Link is having difficulties processing a record.

--Resolution for Cause 1

This issue is under investigation. A resolution is currently unavailable.

See Workaround for Cause 1.

--Workaround for Cause 1

Contact BlackBerry Technical Support Services for assistance with identifying the problematic entry.

Would like to know how to contact Blackberry Technical Support Services to get this problem resolved.  Many thanks!