Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerry Link has stopped working

Hi, been using a BlackBerry Link with my windows 8 computer however right after the automatic update from windows 8 to 8.1, I've been getting an error that my BlackBerry Link has stopped working. Any suggestion to rectify the issue ? Thanks!
Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: BT

Re: BlackBerry Link has stopped working

I have exactly the same problem,. it worked yesterday but today it keep stopping and crashing out, any ideas???

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10

[ Edited ]

I believe this issue is still under investigation. There is still no resolution as of the moment. But you can try first disabling any Anti-virus and turning off the user account control. Some users already tried resetting the Windows (to remove the latest update), and they said that the BB Link start working again.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry please listen to your customers/ users.

BB Link it broken for Windows7.

I meet all your Hardware rquirements &

Software requirements (Windows7, Microsoft .NET Framework, iTunes 12.5.1.21, Microsfot Outlook 2007) & Blackberry device requirements (Blackberry 10 OS)

IT IS iTUNES 12.5.1.21 THAT BROKE BB Link

I have a Blackberry Classic which I have been able to Blackberry sync with Outlook 2007 on my Windows 7 PC via USB since November 2015, 5-10 times a day - so approx 400 successful syncs to date.

On 14 September 2016 I installed the latest  Windows 7 updates (I can give you all the reference numbers if required) -  my Blackberry Link worked fine afterwards - approx 40 successful syncs.

On 18 September 2016 at 2.30pm I was stupid enough to update my iTunes to 12.5.1.21, as their install message refused to be ignored.  I never install iCloud

The minute the iTunes 12.5.1.21 completed I tried to open Blackberry Link on my PC to sync Outlook 2007 to my Blackberry Classic via USB and this message appeared instead  "Blackberry Link has stopped working".  It does not matter whether my Blackberry Classic is connect or not.

For the last week I have tried 10 times a day to open BB Link and the same message pops up.

I have uninstalled my Blackberry link software & drivers, rebooted, reinstalled & rebooted.Makes no difference.

I have tried to take my iTunes back to the previously installed version using the restore point but it does not uninstalled the new / faulty 12.5.1.21 it just adds another iTune icon to my desktop.

I am currently having to print of my Outlook 2007 calender and carry reams of A4 paper round with me as my calender on my BB Classic is a week out of date.

There is an every growing group of loyal Blackberry users who are get more and more frustrated because Blackberry does not seem to acknowledge there is a GLOBAL failure of BB link on Windows7 with users who have been using it for months / years.

Help us Please

Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telcel

Hi,

I have the same problem but for Windows 10. BB Link was working perfectly until suddenly it doesn't get the library music from Itunes, then many weeks later, this message appeared instead "Blackberry Link has stopped working". It does not matter whether my Blackberry Z10 is connect or not.

My iTunes was previous to 12.5.1.21, I have uninstalled Blackberry link software & drivers, rebooted, reinstalled and nothing happens, the problem continous.

I've been with BlackBerry for many years and now we have many problems, first no enough apps, later whatsapp and now BB Link!!!

Please somebody helps us

Contributor

Blackberry are starting to ignore long term users, i am now in my 13th year of using these handsets for business, and i am very tempted to go to iPhone, as they at least appear to work!

This sort of support is uunacceptable

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

There seem to be 2 issues with Blackberry Link:

1) Blackberry Link crashes on startup of Link

2) Link starts fine, but when you connect your BB10 device via USB, it is not recognized by Link.

I had problem 2). It happened when I installed iTunes 12.5.1.21. Here is how I solved it on Windows 10:

Uninstall iTunes
Uninstall Apple Application Support (32-Bit)
Uninstall Apple Application Support (64-Bit)
Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support
Uninstall Apple Software Update
Uninstall Bonjour
Uninstall Blackberry Link

Restart your computer

Install Blackberry Link (Just the Drivers and Blackberry Link, not Blend). File name:
BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe

It worked for me afterwards. I am a happy bunny. You just can't have iTunes and Link on the same computer anymore.
Contributor

I need iTunes to sync my iPad, so thais solution does not workl for me!!

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: telus

Windows 7 on a laptop: I too am having this problem and was advised that BB needs to update its drivers.  This is a big problem as I change calendar and contacts fegularly and rely on Link to sync the Passport and my notebook.

Contributor

basically, BlackBerry are letting us all down, no wonder people are leaving in droves, iPhone 7 for me, I think, shame, as I have had a blackberry for 14 years and love the keyboard