Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

BlackBerry Link says Software update Available but says no internet available when I click update

When I go into BlackBerry Link it says there is a "Software Update Available". When I click "Install Update", it says "Device Software Update Available, Software Release: 10.1.0.4181" (which I believe is the version of Software already on my Q10 (in System Settings, About it says Model BlackBerry Q10, Model Number SQN100-3 Software Release 10.1.0.4181)).

Then if I click on "Install Update" on the pop up screen, it says "Software Update in Progress. Do not disconnect the device". The progress bar however does not move.

It then eventually says "Activity Summary for BLACKBERRY (my device name)

Software update encountered an error, Updates not available.

Please check internet connection and retry"

Do you perhaps know what is causing this. My internet connection does work (not sure if it needs some special port open), and also I don't understand why it is trying to update with the same software version.

Thanks

Hannes

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BlackBerry Link says Software update Available but says no internet available when I click update

Hi Hannesvw,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.
The following is a KB article with a list of the ports used by BlackBerry Link. "BlackBerry Link Internet connectivity" http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB34794
If that doesn't help, can you please tell me if you are also prompted to update your software with this version if you go to Settings > Software Updates on the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone and select Check for Updates? Have you recently deleted any of the core applications that were pre-installed on the BlackBerry smartphone?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Blackberry A10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Link says Software update Available but says no internet available when I click update

I have the same issue - Blackberry A10 with the latest software that was downloaded from site just yesterday, when I check for new software button within Blackberry Link the check for software updates has an x on the button it goes through the checking but then comes back with no internet connection

Weird because I am on the internet and all I have for security is MS Security ,WIN7 64bit - I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled and still the same error

Any solutions found on this issue?