Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PB, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Lind not showing on laptop

Got my Verizon Z10 today.

Got to the office, downloaded BB LInk (ver 1.10) - displayed as successfull but doesn't show up on the desktop not under the programs list (Win 7 PRO 64bit).

REbooted - still not displayed.

Downloaded & installed again.

Same thing.

Plugged Z10 in via USB cable - "software" installed -can access the Z10 as an external drive.

Still no LINK on the laptop.

What's up?

Tried a Z10 - too many issues.
Now using a Q10. (BB Link still won't fully install.)
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Blackberry Lind not showing on laptop

Hey,

To better assist you, If you go into your Program folders do you have a folder called 'BlackBerry'? And if you do a file search on the PC for 'BlackBerry Link' are you able to locate BlackBerry Link?

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PB, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Lind not showing on laptop

Actually, I went to Control Panel - Add/ Remove programs and saw that it wasn't even listed.

I then deleted the installation program (from downloads), downloaded it again.

Installed it as Administrator (with my AV off and virtually every other program that showed up in Task Manager - Processes) and monitored the progress closely.

Installation progress bar got "nearly" to completions when it stoppped - backed up and then said "installation was interrupted ......".

Then, went back to Control Panel - Add/ remove - and unistalled anything that said "Blackberry"  (Desktop, USB, etc. etc.) - rebooted - attempted another install - same results.

Gads!  Why so difficult? I hope my Z10 experience - which has been bumpy - improves.

Otherwise - it goes back to Verizon next week so I can get back to work.

Tried a Z10 - too many issues.
Now using a Q10. (BB Link still won't fully install.)