Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone IT

Blackberry Link: Cannot communicate with device

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody,

I'm so frustrated. It's been 2 days that I cannot backup my Blackberry Q5 because when I connect it to my pc i get this error: Cannot communicate with device.

BB Q5 os version: 10.2.1.2102

Blackberry Link version: 1.2.3.23 (windows 7 64bit)

I have tried to fix it using the (unexisting) informations i found in some topics in this forum and using blackberry knowledge base. Totally useless. I own two Q5 and both of them on various PCs do not work.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=A1596A4E839004AC3F6A884412AB7239?...
Is totally useless.

Please help me!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Passport - Z30 - Playbook - Finding Priv
My Carrier: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Link: Cannot communicate with device

Delete the BlackBerry Link and Reinstall it

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+

For more visit my Blog
Contributor

I have already tried. The other PC did non have BlackBerry link installed, i did a fresh new installation and still it doesn't work.
I tried both BlackBerrys on both PCs, both running win7 64bit.
Contributor

Please help me!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Ok you have a very frustrating issue:   Lets assume the phones are OK since you have 2

Lets assume your computers are OK since you have 2

BB Link may be the problem as many people have this issue but millions do not.

BB Link is fussy, if the configuration of a computer is not to it's liking issues arrise. 

You tried the KB article and no success, also it mentioned 3rd party firewall so you either do not have one or you disabled it.

So back to your computers:

Have you checked Device Manager to see if there are any yellow caution signs for BB or Rim Drivers.

Have you disabled Anti-Virus Software and tried.

Check here to see if your Anti-Virus is compatible with Win 7,

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

If the above does not help you can uninstall Link then remove all BB or Rim Drivers (found in 5 places) in Device Manager.

Power off you computer (not a restart) power on your computer and try again waiting 5 minutes before attachng phone.

Contributor

Thank you very much fyip.

Yesterday one blackberry was working with bb link, because it's the one I always use with this PC. The other blackberry instead has never beed synced with this pc, so in that moment the troubles began. I saw that the second blackberry wasn't syncing, so I removed the first blackberry from bb link and it stopped working just like the second blackberry.

I have disabled windows firewall, avg antivirus ad uninstalled spybot s&d. I uninstalled bb link, removed any blackberry related device in the device manager, but nothing is working.

What is really suspicious is that also in the other PC, to which I have never connected any blackberry before, nothing is working aswell.

What do you mean that RIM drivers are found in 5 places? Where exactly?

Contributor

I have a network interface called "BlackBerry Virtual Private Network", if I see the status of it, It has no ip address and no connectivity. The network interface is not disabled. What could be that makes it not connect?

Maybe this is the reason why bb link isn't working!
Please, any help will be very appreciated!

Forums Veteran I

Very stange, since one phone and one computer worked before and not now, were any new programs or Win Updates added, since the other computer is also affected.

Did you Run a Registry Program or remove anything with Spybot, or another program.

Spybot was great back in the days, I used it also, it still has some great features but is not really needed.

Hackers are winning the war right now so Anti-Virus Publishers have to focus on White Listing instead of Black Listing.

You might want to do a System Restore to when it was working, it should correct your issue as System Restore does not restore Updates, Win Updates or Virus, so you will have to do those again.

The Rim and BB Drivers are found here: when Device Manager is open click View on the Menu, Show Hidden Devices.

They are listed under:   BlackBerry,   DVD/CD,   Modems (Standard Modem only),   Network Adapters,   Ports.

Forums Veteran I

I disabled BB VPN becasue it gave errors in Event Viewer and my Link works fine.

Once you get Link installed again and open signin.

Forums Veteran I

Forgot to  say, if you cannot find all those Drivers in Dev Mgr I will tell you how to.