Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: q10/z10
My Carrier: bell

Blackberry Link - Extracting only apps we want from backup files

Just wondering when the capability to restore just an individual app or file from previous back up files. I'm sure that I am not the only one. On the internet there is Blackberry backup extractor apps for older versions. I have several back ups on my computer from when I was loading the leaked OS's to try them out etc. Thing is I don’t want the entire back up files restored to my phone and you can only do one file and everything else is destroyed on the phone. For instance there's some game apps that do not have cloud saves so the save information is saved in an old back file which now I can't get to without restoring it all. Same with notes in the phone that were not saved to evernote. It would be nice to be able to open up old backups in Blackberry Link and be able to retrieve and load certain apps that hold information only on the device itself. Same goes for say emails, texts or any other file you may want

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Blackberry Link - Extracting only apps we want from backup files

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Feature-Requests-for-BlackBerry10-OS/td-p/2202...

I do not know the answer to your question but it may help to post a request at the link above.