Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Blackberry Link Sync issue

I've been trying to get the sync portion of BB Link to work on my Z10. The Blackberry Device Manager does succeed in installing the Windows drivers, but the drive will not mount.

As a result, I get a "Connection Error" when I try to sync my device with my PC. Not surprisingly, the device shows 0kb available space.

I have tried:

1) Replacing the device (hot/faulty battery on old device)

2) Removing completely and re-installing Link (version 1.1)

I have tried it both wired and wireless. I have tried setting the USB to Autodetect and to Windows.

I'm running:

- BB 10.1.0.273

- Windows 7 (fully patched)

- Z10 hardware

What do I do next? This is not proving to be particularly easy to get set up.

Retired
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Link Sync issue

Hey tpritchard.

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Does your BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone display as a tab with the BlackBerry name on it at the bottom of BlackBerry Link when it is connected to USB?

Have you tried using different USB ports on your Computer?

Are you running the latest version of BlackBerry Link 1.1 which is 1.1.1.26 (bundle 20) as of the time of this message?

Can the BlackBerry Z10 connect properly to BlackBerry Link if the BlackBerry Z10 is NOT connected to any Wi-Fi network? If it can connect to BlackBerry Link while NOT connected to a Wi-Fi network please refer to the follow resolutions:

1. Look for antivirus, or other third-party applications with firewall functionality that are installed on the computer. 
  2. Verify whether the BlackBerry 10 Smartphone connection is being blocked.
  3. If the connection is being blocked by the third-party application, take the necessary actions to enable the connection to the smartphone.

You can also try repairing your BlackBerry Link by running the setup file again and selecting "Repair". Before running the repair/install/update process, temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall security software that is on your Windows environment. Some security software can silently interupt the registering of some files during the install. Once the install has completed, please remember to enable all security software to it's proper settings.

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

Contributor

Thanks, I will try those steps. I am running the latest version of Link and the BB10 OS. The root of the problem seems to be that the storage volumes (internal and external) will not mount. I've gone into Blackberry Device Manager, right clicked the volumes, and selected "Mount Volume", but that does not seem to mount the volume - it remains unmounted.

so, in Link my device shows 0kb available. Even with a wired connection, it fails to sync because there is no "space" on the device with which to sync. The device itself tells me there is about 11 GB of free space (i.e. I can take lots of pictures) but I cannot sync to the device via link.

Is there any special wireless settings for a Bell Canada Fibe Wi-fi connection? As I said, wired connections don't work either, but I know the modem has caused some wi-fi issues before - it's a bit different than a standard cable modem with wi-fi.

Any further thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Contributor

Hi all
I can confirm that
A) I can connect to link via wireless or wired
B) the volumes will not mount

I honestly don't think it's a firewall or a issue. Looking for further ideas. Thanks!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I am having the exact same problem.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: ZAIN, KSA

yes me too... any body of late, solved this issue? please provide help by posting your solution. 

Contributor

I read in another thread that if you turn off the bluetooth and wifi, it works. I confirmed it, but I'll have to find the link.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: ZAIN, KSA

I tried with my bluetooth and wifi turned off only, still no connection. 

The reason, I feel is the Storage space in the device is not accessible by the Link software. (My black berry devicemanager does not show the internal volume mounted). When i try to mount the Internal storage volume manually, it ends with errors. 

Several time uninstallation and installation also does not help....

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 - STL100-3
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Link Sync Crash

I have the current version downloaded:

my Z10 is R 10.2.0.424 OS 10.2.0.1791

Reloaded the devise

when it trys to automatically sync contacts/calendar i get the crash box "BalckBerry Link has stopped working" bla bla

and my only option is close program blue button