Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Link Will Not Restore from Backup

Hi I don't believe it's an issue with a corrupted backup.

I'm having the same problem right now. I upgraded to the 10.1 MR and tried restoring my backup files, however it won't get past 0%, and then my phone restarts.

I then upgraded to the leak 10.2 in hopes that it'll get fixed, but then BB Link freezes my computer.

So I downgraded back to 10.1.2342, BB link doesn't freeze anymore, however my restore can't get past 0% (I've tried restoring from a backup last night, and a backup from May and it still doesn't work). Tried this on both computers and no luck (both are Windows 8).

I've tried factory resetting the phones also and it doesn't work also.

Both my backups aren't working (the one from May, and last night) which leads me to believe it's an issue with Link.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

Hello,

Some users reported uninstalling, and redownloading & reinstalling the bb link helped to get it to work.

Also, after updating the os, doing a security wipe before restoring data also seemed to help...
New Contributor

Thanks but I've tried both methods and it still can't get past 0% on the restore. Is there any support staff from Blackberry that can help me out?
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Ct809, thanks for the input. I am at my wits end over this. Have spent many hours trying to solve this as I need the data in the backups. I think one of the bigger questions here is how in the world BlackBerry have pinned their hopes on the Z10 release with such a dismal failure in the BBLink software? How are we supposed to manage our data when we can't even restore what we've backed up? Where is BlackBerry in all this?
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

Just to tell you guys my experience. Loaded new OS (Not only 10.2, at times 10.1) and BB link will prompt error that phone is disconnected during restoring data.
- Plug in and out Z10 and all connected but still same prompt
- Restart Z10 but still the same
- Off/on Z10 and still the same
- Uninstall BB drivers in Windows and tried to re-detect again but still the same
- Uninstall and re-install BB link and still the same
- Restoring back to earlier OS version but still the same

I can go a few times doing the same steps over and over again before restoring works.. Smiley Sad
New Contributor
My Device: Passport, Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE

I have had the same issues with restoring my backup.

It worked for me when I did the following:

I did a frensh install of BB Link to 1.1.1.32 (PC)

My Z10 STL100-1 is on SR 10.1.0.273 / OS 10.1.0.273

Wiped BB

Once BB restarted, signed-in with BB ID

Opened BBM to restore my contacts

Added a single email account (my main one)

Renamed my BB to the name I had when the back-up was made (this may not be necessary)

Started the restore and it worked....

I may be brave enough to try the restore again...

New Contributor

Tried that as well.  Even tried it on 2 Windows 8, and 1 Windows 7 computer and no luck.

Tried it with, and without a memory card plugged in as well.

However I was able to restore a old 9900 backup and it worked successfully.  Any backup from a BB10 whether it's my Z, or my Q would not work at all.

New Contributor

I guess consider yourself lucky! I've tried all that and it's not working. Glad it worked for you though
Contributor

Jahanjoon, thank you for informing what worked for you. I will try it tonight. Perhaps the one thing I missed was to wipe my BlackBerry.
Contributor

Hi Jahanjoon. I followed your procedure. Now I get the error message "There is no personal workspace on this device. Personal data cannot be restored."

How do I enable personal workspace? I am not using BES.