Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Blackberry Link Will Not Restore from Backup

Same problem here.

Switchet my Z10 STL100-1 to a Z10 STL100-2 and cannot restore I get the error message:

"There was an error restoring - there could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected"

Please help !

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

have a Q10 running 10.1.0.42211 (SQN100-4).  I did a backup, a security wipe, and tried to restore the backup and received the same message:
"There was an error restoring - there could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected"

I'm running Link 10.2.2.13.  I tried a previous backup and another and still got the same results.

I found a backup that I made around the end of November, selected it, and the restore worked.  This was the last backup that I had made prior to:

1. upgrading to Link 10.2.2.13 and
  2. doing an OS update that Link said was available (but was the same OS version number that Sprint delivered the phone with.

I'm currently having an issue that I would like to resolve by wiping and restoring, but don't want to try since I have no idea if a restore will work.  I can restore from the same old backup, but it takes so long to set everything back up based on recreating all that I've done since November.  I really wish that this worked.

My Device: Z10-3
My Carrier: AT&T

I was able to resolve the Personal Workspace issue!

I originally received this error on Link v1.2.2.13 while being signed in to an old email account, using the old device name, etc.

While updating to Link v1.2.3.23, I also reinstalled a non-default application from the BB World. (Password Keeper in this case.) While I did also open up BBM, I seriously believe that the act of installing a non-default application is what forms the "Personal Workspace" environment. Restoration under 1.2.3.23 later worked!

Best of luck!

Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: o2

Just had this problem after loading the latest leaked OS (2072) when my W7 pc could not find the backups. Sorted by creating a fresh backup which did allow Blackberry Link to find that and all the others.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

This has been going on for years. Why doesn't Blackberry fix this in the first place? Why is it that it's up to the consumers to fix their screw up? It's obvious many people have the exact same problem going on many years yet nothing has changed. Its not the phone, or user, or ocmputer, its the Blackberry software. Blackberry why don't you fix it? You think creating Andriod phones will save you when you have crappy costumer support?