Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3

Blackberry Link and Windows network

I have just spent several days reinstalling all of my windows 7 64 bit software. Fortunately I did an image of my c drive before I installed Blackberry link. I had noticed an error in my network folder before which was one of the things that prompted me to do a reinstallation.

I have several pcs networked and everything shows up in the network window. A media device shows in media devices and was correctly named to this pc which has all of the music on it.

This is what happened when I  installed Blackberry link and the connected the Z-10 with a usb cable.

The Z-10 showed up in my list of computers .. that's ok. However my media device became renamed to Blackberry Z_10. On unplugging the blackberry Z-10 the media device renamed itself to that of another pc on my network. which has no music.

Checking this wrongly named media device revealed it was still containing the music on this pc.. When I reconnected the Blackberry Z10  the Blackberry Z10 media device reappears as a device as well.  However all is not well as I now have 2 media devices , one wrongly named and one named Blackberry Z10, both of which show my music library.

It's about time that RIM fully tested their software before releasing it onto the public.

Together with the lack of support for Outlook I am sorry thet I ever got this phone.