Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Link automatically data from handset

HI guys,

1.Does anybody know how I can stop Blackberry Link automatically updating information stored on my Q10 handset onto my laptop? Basically whenever my Q10 is connected via Blackberry Link - a Blackberry Q10 folder automatically appears and creates each relevant folder for pictures/music/videos within my documents however I do not want this to happen, there are some things which I want to keep on my handset and not on my laptop, anything such as media items e.g. videos and pictures I would want to manually copy from my handset to my laptop.

2.My pictures folder within Blackberry Link also somehow starting downloading all my facebook photos to within BB Link?! I do not want this to happen, I wasn't even logged into facebook for this where can I stop that happening?

Cheers Bretsy

Highlighted
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Blackberry Link automatically data from handset

I have found the way to rectify this....

If you turn off automatic sync, you can manually sync files between your computer and your device. You must also manually sync any changes to the files that you manually synced.

1. On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, click your device.
  3. Click the Settings icon.
  4. In the Settings view, click Synchronization.
  5. Do any of the following:
    • To turn off automatic sync for your music, clear the Musiccheckbox.
    • To turn off automatic sync for your pictures, clear the Picturescheckbox.
    • To turn off automatic sync for your video, clear the Videoscheckbox.
    • To turn off automatic sync for your documents, clear the Documents checkbox.
To turn on automatic sync, select the checkbox beside the types of files that you want to automatically sync.