Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
My Device: Z10 (STL-100)
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Link cannot communicate with device

Try this if it works:

Goto network connections and enable the one "Research in Motion network drive".

I disabled it accidentally, may be the same in your case too ?

Regards,

Vikas

My Device: Z3
My Carrier: Indosat

[ Edited ]

Thank you singhvikas101, it works for my Blackberry Z3 by enabling ethernet 2 Blackberry device.

My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Vodafone India

After trying everything, i did something very simple. In Device Manager,go to Network Adaptors, Right Click on Blackberry Device and select driver software update. After that the Link automatically asked me for the Z10 pin and connected to my device. Hope this helps everyone.

cheers,
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Leap upgraded from Z10
My Carrier: Telus (moved from Rogers)

Are you referring to the Z10?  If so, can you tell me how to find Device Manager?  I've been searching for 20 minutes and now pulling my hair.

Please help.

Thanks.

parthasadhak wrote:
After trying everything, i did something very simple. In Device Manager,go to Network Adaptors, Right Click on Blackberry Device and select driver software update. After that the Link automatically asked me for the Z10 pin and connected to my device. Hope this helps everyone.

cheers,

laraim1
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

I went into the device manager as per RLVL but instead of deleting the devise, I enabled it. Not sure if that helps but I figured I'd share what worked for me.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3333

where do I find device manager > network adapters > blackberry??
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Control Panel   Device Manager

My Device: BB10
My Carrier: ATT

I had the exact same issue and tried a lot of the solutions proposed in this thread and in similar threads out there. Most solutions where:

A. Restore / Wipe / Reinstall your phone
B. (For Windows) - Remove BB drivers from system
C. Reinstall BB Link/Blend on your computer

As #A and #C didn't work for me, and #B wasn't an option, as I'm on a Mac, I've fought this issue for most of today. However, this is what worked for me:

1. Uninstall BB Link / Blend and Restart
2. Manually delete all references to Blackberry in `/Library/Application Support/Blackberry` and `~/Library/Application Support/Blackberry Link`.
3. Reinstall BB Link / Blend and Restart

The magical second step did the trick. After restarting my phone now connects to my computer (and BB Link).

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

well.... these are like basic things that should never ever or may be hardly happen to good phones...

I see many blackberry owners have this issues and don't know how to solve it because it takes many different trials to solve it or may they are still struggling...

There is a reason why people never stay with blackberry and move on to iphone and adroid...

I kind of feel sad for blackberry company.

May be they don't work as hard as apple or andriod based phone companies.

I have been using black berry for 3 months now and I just don't know what is good. The organized alarm system is good when doing business, but other than that from having troubles with the device connecting to any computers without installing some massive software(called BB link) to trouble in installing google play for much better variety of application. 

Im just being real here. It is about blackberry that they go home early to eat dinner at home with their sweet families while other adroid and apple people really work their **bleep** off to figure out how to make things work smoothly for customers.

All my blackberry lovers told me they will not go backt o blackberry since blackberry is very very old technology.

They are used to apple and adroid and they have no problem with doing financial work and business work with it.

Because it is all about app thesedays...

I am going to try like 6 more months but this connecting thing should not be an issue "Period"

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Wind

Thank you! Uninstalling the "BlackBerry Device" from network adapters while BB Link was running finally let me connect via USB after I turned the wi-fi option off.