Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Link installs but wont run - CLR Error: 80004005 - The program will now terminate

***UPDATE***

Last night I uninstalled all instances of .NET Framework, rebooted my system, and the windows updater poped up so I figured it wouldn't hurt to let it do it's thing. Some updates were installed, and the system rebooted.

I then re-insalled .NET Framework 4.5 (the latest version) and rebooted.

This moring I re-installed BB Link, and it started up with no errors.

I haven`t connected my BB10 yet, but I will post another update to let you guys know if any more errors/problems come up.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Fido.ca

Re: Blackberry Link installs but wont run - CLR Error: 80004005 - The program will now terminate

Thanks - after installing .Net 4.5 mine is also starting without crashing.

Here is what I downloaded:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Blackberry Link installs but wont run - CLR Error: 80004005 - SOLUTION!!!

I was having the same problem, and neither our IT people nor BB tech support could fix it.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling .NET framework and BB Link, and I kept getting the same error.  Then, I saw the following post:

Go to "C:\Windows" and right click on the "Microsoft.NET" folder and click Properties. Click the "Security" Tab, then click the "Advanced" button. Click the "Owner" Tab, then click the "Edit..." button. Select your current user account, then check the box that says "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" and then click "Ok".

Tried this, and everything works like a charm now!  I have no idea how this issue/problem arose, but it seems that a fair number of folks are encountering this, so I don't think this is an issue specific to my machine.  I hope this post helps.