Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: Telstra Australia
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Link software

I have tried to install The Blackberry link software four times and each time I am told that the program has a bad image and is not designed to run on windows.The Error 1706 can also appear.I have windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit and do not usually have a problem installing software.I would like to have this software on my computer.I have a Z30 mobile phone.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Blackberry Link software

Hi Tedd

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/

Download Details
Software Name:BlackBerry Link v1.2.3.23 (Windows OS)
File Name:123_b022_multilanguage.exe
Download Size:161 MB
Published Date:02/13/2014

Deletes the program again blackberry link 

Proceed to download the latest version 
E Install 

Try to run the program in compatibility mode blackberry link windows xp 
In the program properties.

Regards.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor

I have tried the above and I am still getting the same result.A window appears titled-BlackberryLink.exe-Bad Image.

Inside the window is the message;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.

Can I get around this error message.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Error 1706 is usually caused when  previous version software does not totally uninstall or when installing a new version on top of the old version the files of the old version interfer with the new install.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/en-us    Run this Microsoft Utility it should correct the 1706 error and may also correct the .Net error.

Post back if more help is needed.

New Contributor

Hi again,sorry for the delay.I have tried running the Microsoft Utility and I am told that the Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper is not working and this will be reported to Microsoft.

I have also tried uninstalling BlackBerry Link and then going back to a Restore Point before the software was first installed.The Restore Point function restores your computer to an earlier point in time.This would probably delete all files to do with BlackBerry Link,since it works on software but does not alter your personal files. This means I should then get a clean installation but I am still getting the same error message.

I hope you can give some help.

Regards from tedd

Forums Veteran I

Try changing the Compatibility Mode....might not work but worth a try....will not affect your system.

If Link is installed right click the Icon, Properties, Compatibility, change to XP

If Link is not installed right click the Installer Icon, Properties, Compatibility, XP

Above does not work run this Microsoft Utility since youu received a .Net message:    

http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30135

New Contributor

I now have Blackberry Link working on my computer.I had already tried running the program in XP compatibility mode but the program did not seem willing to open.

I tried to open the program again later and it opened quickly.Perhaps my requesting that the program only opened with Administrator Privileges meant it took longer to open initially.

Thanks for your help.

Regards. 

Forums Veteran I

Your welcome, I am so happy for you Link is working, I hope you have continued success, thanks for the reply !