Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Link unable to sync with Microsoft Office??

Have just purchased the new Z10 and downloaded the link software because OS10 will not work with Blackberry Desktop Software.  It does not appear to have the capability of syncing contacts and calendar with Microsoft Office, where all my data is stored.  Previous device was backed up to Blackberry Protect so can you restore the data from there to the new Z10?  No of course not - it isn't compatible with OS10.  How ridiculous is that!! I think this phone is going to have to go back.  Has anyone any ideas?  No I can't use the Link software to transfer from the previous device because it has failed and won't turn on.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Blackberry Link unable to sync with Microsoft Office??

Why is there no backward compatability for software and features? This was one of blackberrys major features, and now it seams to be its biggest flaw!

Thinking of returning the new Blackberry like I did with the Nokia Lumia for exactly the same reason!

Think Android and iPhone can sync with outlook via USB. Not even Microsoft can do it now with their own software!