Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Link will not Backup Z10

I really hope BlackBerry come up with a patch soon. The newest patch released didn't fix our current problem. I'm kind of frustrated that no BlackBerry tech is replying this thread. It would nice to even acknowledge that the problem is being fixed as we speak.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 Black
My Carrier: orange france

Hello Everybody I signed in here just for you! good news?

I had the same issue, i rebooted, canceled and reinstalled, rebooted both z10 and computer... didn't work, even after wiping out the blackberry Z10.

But... I tried it that way: I stopped the option "allow use as mass usb storage" on the phone, then I plugged it with usb link on computer and then i launched blackberry link.

It self synchronized and did the backup.

And, just for information, i did it again a few minutes after I installed an application that had a problem (the icon was not clear and "broken". Well, the synchronisation always crashed blackberry link. (3 times). I deleted the wrong app on the phone, I rebooted the phone, and then... plugged into laptop with usb cable, launched bblink. That worked! I I could back up.

SO, it seems you need clean applications, usb mass media storage turned off (but it appears you still can transfer directly files on drive or sdcard -good news) and launch bblink after you plugged the cable. MY settings were on the computer:  "media selected: all types selected, media, settings and data for the backup" and for synchronisation: everything selected: videos, documents, pics and music". I also allowed wireless synchronisatiion and that works, even if Z10 is "wifi off" and "bluetooth off". I hope it will help you. And I hope blackberry support will update soon and fix all problems we have with that.

Contributor
My Device: DTek-60
My Carrier: 6478604664

Thanks Xavier!
One quick question. How do I figure out which applications are problem ones? And how do I turn off use as mass storage device? Thanks so much posting this. Yeah TeamBlackberry!
New Contributor

I cant tell the "bad app" on the Z 10 appeared as a transluscent icon, a little bit grey. And the icon was "strange" as when you have an e mail with no permissions for pictures: the pictures are broken. Be sure you will recognize it for it is not the same icon as in the appworld when you downloaded it.

To turn off the use of usb mass storage you do that on the z10: icon settings/ go down to "storage and access"/go down to usb mass storage/turn it off.

Contributor
My Device: z30 and z10

Hey Xavier... my mass storage was already off... I'll try with it on once I get a chance... I'm finding it strange how some of us can make it work by deleting apps... I had no grayed out/bad app installed. I think just by deleting apps it clears some kind of bottleneck. But I'm no pro, so my views mean very little.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I think mine has to do with Windows 8 problem. I have one laptop on Windows 7 and the other on Windows 8. The one with Windows 8 will not backup but the one with Windows 7 can.
New Contributor

About windows seven: My OS on computer is also windows seven.

I must add my blackberry link is version 076 (downloaded this morning on blackberry website) and my Z10 os is updated.

I just did it again: the back up succeeded.

Contributor
My Device: z30 and z10

I'll try re downloading and installing Link, I tried it before, but I'll give it another go, I am on windows 7 as well. I'll keep you posted. Would be nice to have a fix, but I'll take a work around for now...
New Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Fido

I to am having backup issues.  Using Partial Backup only Settings and Media will back-up.  Backing up Application Data gives me an error message.  This problem has been frequent for a number of Z10 users not just shown on here but on other Blackberry forums also.  I am dissappointed there is no response from Blackberry on this problem.  I rely on  my Z10 (which I like a lot).  Not having a reliable means of backing my Z10 is a major issue for me. 

Us loyal users deserve an answer on this issue.  PLEASE BB give us  some feedback!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Here is what I did to resolve BB Link issues on my W8/64 machine:

1. Find a "BlackBerry Device" driver that is "not working properly" (yellow marked) in Windows 8 Device Manager and "uninstall" it.
2. Keep the Device Manager open. When you connect your Z10, the "BlackBerry Device" driver should install correctly.
3. BB Link will now work properly (I can backup/restore device data now).

Blackberry Priv