Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Link will not backup Z10

PC is aware of this, but the problem is latest BlackBerry update that garbled our email too. They are in contact with BlackBerry. Going to take some time to fix what they broke.
Z10
Rogers, Halifax NS
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I just tried backing up my Z10 and it wouldn't take after numerous tries.  I then tried updating Link from Link and it wouldn't update after a few tries either.  I then went to BB World and downloaded directly and updated Link (which worked - so what happened??)  I then tried to backup Z10 a few times again - no go.  So, I'm getting pissed tried one more time, get big error pop up message, 1/9 that I don't have space??  I did a check on PC hard drive, sure enough in the red zone.  So I wiped out a bunch of junk on PC and tried backup of Z10 again.  Worked like it used to, beautiful.  Boy, do I feel like a tool, not enough space on hard drive to accomplish backup.  Not sure why I had to directly download Link though.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

With any computer hard disk, it is best to have at least 20% slack in its space. This is because Windows generates cache files before doing its final file write.

Try running disk cleanup in the tools for the properties of drive C: if this is your main drive. You can ask it to compress old files that are not frequently used.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: SaskTel

Have looked at and/or tried all the suggestions however, still unable to backup Z10.  New updated LINK was downdated but still no results.  Message now says "backup full".  There is lots of room on the hard drive - no possible way that it is full.  Still unable to backup Z10.  Any other suggestions????

New Contributor

dar1smith...

we are going to need some more info:

PC OS:

z10 OS:

Exact error message:

Are your files being backed up to the default location?

Are you logged into the Link s/w with your BB ID?

Do you have the option to change the settings on what you can backup?

Have you tried to put the phone into Airplane Mode? (some people have suggested this)

Can you disable the anti-virus/spyware software on the PC?

thanks

New Contributor

PC OS: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1  Intel core I7

Z10 OS: Version 10.0.9.2372       Software Release: 10.0.9.348    Build ID: 415323

Exact Error message:   "Backup (full)"     Prior to most recent update to BB LinK, the error message was "no data available for backup"   Since update was installed, the error message is now "Backup (full)".  

Files are being backed up to default location.

Logged into the Link with BB ID - yes

Do NOT have option to change settings on what I want to back up

Have tried phone in Airplane Mode - still no backup

Have tried it with anti-virus/spyware disabled on PC.  Shut down Kaspersky security but still no back-up. 

Thanks for your help!  Any other suggestions?

New Contributor

Your z10 Os is out of date. Do you have the option to upgrade it?

The "Backup (Full)" isn't actually an error message. It is telling you what type of backup it will conduct. If you had the option to make changes to what you can back up it would have said "Backup (partial) "

Sorry I forgot to ask last time.. does windows map a drive letter to your bb? And also do you have a memory card in the device?
New Contributor

The upgrade to my Z10 is not offered by SaskTel yet.  They have issues with the roaming abilities when the new update is installed so they will wait until the April update apparently.

Windows does not map a drive letter to my bb.  And yes, there is a memory card in the Z10.

Thanks for your help.   Keep it coming!

New Contributor

Does windows detect the phone at all? That ding/ding noise.

Have you tried to remove the memory card and then try backup?

Do you still have the old desktop manager software installed on your pc? If you do please remove that.
Contributor
My Carrier: Glo Mobile

Dear All,

I have the same issue and it is so so annoying. Windows detect my phone and it shows up in BB Link but it keeps saying 'Backup did not complete'. Kindly assist.