Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PB, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Link will not complete installation (roll back).

Picked up my BB Z10 from Verizon last Thursday.

Tried installing BB Link on my Toshiba Tecra laptop - Win 7 PRO 64 bit - multiple times - without success.

The installation gets nearly to the end and then reports "rolling back" followed by "installation interrupted".

I've re-downloaded - tried to install.

I've unistalled Desktop software (ver 10 which I used with my 9930 Bold & Playbook - OS2).

Used Regedit to remove any reference to anything "Blackberry".

Shutoff my antivirus (Trendmicro) - uninstalled the antivirus - reinstalled it.

shutdown any small utilities.

I've probably attempted at least dozen installs - all with the same results.

What now?

How do I get help?

If I can't get this to work - I will be returning the phone for either a Droid or an iPhone later this week - I've invested FAR more time into getting this to work than I should have been expected to.

Tried a Z10 - too many issues.
Now using a Q10. (BB Link still won't fully install.)
Contributor

Re: Blackberry Link will not complete installation (roll back).

P.S. - prior to uninstalling the Desktop software, the Z10 would be recognized as an external drive by the laptop. Since uninstalling the software, the laptop no longer recognizes teh Z10 when connected to a USB port. (Again, Toshiba Tecra A-11 laptop.)
Contributor

Re: Blackberry Link will not complete installation (roll back). Bye bye Blackberry. Returning to Verizon this AM.

Reinstalled Desktop 7 software.

Laptop recognized the Z10 as a mass storage device okay until I got to the office this AM.

Powered down, pulled battery, powered up - still not recognized.

And, even though office Wi-Fi worked yesterday PM, home Wi-Fi worked last nite and this AM, it won't in the office this AM (except EXTREMELY slowly).  All other office devices, including the same laptop and my Playbook successfully work on the Wi-Fi.

This is too much.  I've blown at LEAST 12 hours trying to resolve these issues since picking this phone up last Thursday,. (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday - that's more than enough time to get up to speed.)

Am returning it and leaving the BB plantform today.

Curve, Storm, Tour, Bold & Playbook - were all awesome.

Z10 & BB 10 - not so awesome,

Extremely disappointed.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Link will not complete installation (roll back). Bye bye Blackberry. Returning to Verizon this AM.

I've been having simular issues, I download it from BB site, start the download and it gets to a point in the download where it doesn't continue, it looks as though it is still downloading, the little light travels across the progress bar, but the download does not continue, left it sitting for an hour, no change. I can however get into BB Link using the icon it created, but I cannot sign in and it doesn't connect to my phone. I'm assuming that's a result of not logging in as it sees my device in the "unconnected" window, but it won't sync. Did you figure it out, or does anyoneknow how to fix this bug? I must say I had high hopes for this new OS, and they are dropping when it comes to software. Love the phone though.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Link will not complete installation (roll back).

The same thing has happened to me as well.  I have spent 2 days on the phone with blackberry for them to walk me through it.  I have read everything possible regarding how to get the install and nothing worked.  Blackberry after almost 3 hrs told me they don't know why it is not working, AND this was even after having remote visual on my computer to ensure that it was correct for installation only to be told they have no idea.  Imagine that NO IDEA.

HERE's my problem........I apparently have a bad install.  TEXT will not work correctly and the only way to correct is to install the stupid program as I will have to do a hard reset - this by the way is another incident report with blackberry. 

Also noted is that I have been a fan of blackberry for over 10 years and patiently waited for this cell to come out. I have always been a die hard but if I cannot get this Link installed on my computer (NOTE I HAVE ATTEMPTED ON 3 DIFFERENT COMPUTERS in case it was an issue with my laptop), I will lose all contacts. That being said..Blackberry will loose me as a client and my company as well.

I am very upset and frustrated and need this working.  The worst is Blackberry tech not being able to do a thing.  ARGH