Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

My Device: Curve 8900 and Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Link will not copy my transfer data to my z10

The error message i receive is:

"Data could not be copied to your device due to the following errors:

- There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected. "

Yes my Z10 is turned on and connected. And BB link was able to transfer data to from itunes earlier. 

I'm trying to get my data off my BB Curve 8900. Someone please help.

The error message displays right after i've clicked on the picture of my device. BB link show the message, "preparing to transfer data", then it fails with the above useless message. Oh and I've tried this on my Mac OS and Windows 7 OS (my OS's are setup on a Macbook Pro as dual boot).

Thanks in advance  - Derek

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Blackberry Link will not copy my transfer data to my z10

Hello dbess, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Please contact your mobile network provider and ask that your case be transferred to BlackBerry for investigation.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: storm 2
My Carrier: STARHUB

I am facing the same issue.

When I click transfer, it goes through all my backup items ... after service book it gives me the same error every time ... 

"DATA COULD NOT BE COPIED FROM YOUR DEVICE FOR THE FOLLOWING ERROR"

"There could have been a problem with your device or connection during backup. Verify that your device is turned on and connected"

I am waiting to transfer my data to my new Z10 device before I can use it.

Im on StarHub and my old blackberry model is Storm 2. 

I have tried this many times and each time it stops after service book backup.

Please assist

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

A response from one of the BB support guys in another thread gave the solution to this.  Use Blackberry Desktop and make a full backup of the old BB, in my case a Storm 2.  Then start Blackberry Link and connect the new Z10.  Go through the steps to get Link to identify the Z.  Then go to restore files and browse to find the backup of the other BB, and select the backup from the old BB.  Check off the items you want to restore.

On my XP system, all of the backups are in C:\Documents and Settings\mark\My Documents\BlackBerry\Backup but that will probably vary.

I couldn't find pictures or videos, but that's not a huge deal for me.  The contacts were vital, as were the memos.  The rest of it I can deal with.

Good luck.

Mark